Author Topic: Diary > Thursday 8th October  (Read 494 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Diary > Thursday 8th October
« on: Thursday 08 October 20 22:07 BST (UK) »
Starting early tonight, not a lot to report today:

Woke up to a wet day, the forecast said sunshine later and they were right, it got better during the morning. The wind had dropped and as low tide would be at 2.30 I decided to have a walk on the beach after lunch. Did some cleaning before lunch and put some washing in. Had lunch then set off for the beach about 1.30.

As I walked onto the beach I saw a large dead bird, a white one, I think it was maybe a gannet, what a shame. Had a lovely walk, hadn't known what to wear as it's usually cooler by the sea, wore a sweatshirt and jacket. Felt quite warm, the sunshine was very pleasant, there were a handful of people walking on the beach. When I turned and retraced my steps I was walking against the wind and it felt significantly cooler but I was enjoying the wide open spaces, the tide was right out as I walked back. Some beautiful cloud formations too.

Back home, did a bit of admin on the computer, not sure what else I did. My friend L phoned me this evening about our Zoom art class tomorrow, I'd printed her reference photo for her as she wasn't able to print it. Had posted it to her on Friday, she's been away for a week, I was pleased that she'd received it okay. Rest of the evening just as normal.

Look forward to hearing about others' days.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Thursday 8th October
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 October 20 23:21 BST (UK) »
Woke up to a grim morning, howling winds, grey and very damp.
Made a bread raid into town which was almost deserted due to foul weather.
By late morning it was brightening up, so took a walk along the sea front. Not too many people around.
Barred from the dance group practise this week as 7 candidates wanting to attend, but only 6 allowed, so instead SiL visited after lunch for a cuppa and a chat. 
After she left I was just about to fill the machine with a load of washing when I had a group video call, so the washing was delayed for a while.
Nothing much to report at all really.
A bit of a strange day on the whole.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 October 20 23:39 BST (UK) »
Roobarb - How lovely to walk along the beach and all that fresh sea air... very envious! I’m sure it lifted your spirits... always sad to see dead birds about... hazard of nature I suppose...
Enjoy your art class tomorrow...

Mowsehowse- nice to see you posting even if it was a strange day... sorry you missed out on your dancing, difficult when there’s more than six of you though...

Woke quite early this morning which considering I’d gone to sleep late last night was a bit irritating.... the sun was out but could see the cloud building...
After breakfast OH went off to play golf...
Decided I needed to clean the upstairs of the house... by the time I’d finished and had a shower it was pouring with rain... thought I might see OH earlier than expected... but no... Lunch time by now so afterwards I made a start in the 🌈 tops I cut out yesterday... still raining!
I got on quite well almost half made...
OH arrived home about 4pm... he’d got wet but sheltered through the worst...amazing his new driving license came in the post today... considering only posted his chopped up card on Monday we were staggered...only lasts for 3 yrs then he has to go through it all again... daft!
Continued sewing until about 6pm...
Just had sausages, jkt pots, cabbage with onion gravy for dinner... nice and easy!
Watched tv as usual and finished knitting little yellow blanket which I’d knitted a heart in the middle of it... another one for the hospital....
That’s it for today

Caroline

Look forward to reading others diaries
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 09 October 20 00:50 BST (UK) »
Just a short post from me at the moment. Op went better than expected, so everyone happy. Just a bit sore. Thanks for your best wishes, Caroline.
Cat had to go to Vet's yesterday, as she was not walking on the left back leg. She had a tendon injury that could not be fixed, but the vet has had to put nylon in, to replace tendon so she is pain-free. Pick her up in a couple of hours. Thank goodness for pet insurance. She will be 9 on the 1st of November.
P not doing too well, but got engaged on Tuesday. Has a 25% chance of matching with one of his siblings.
Youngest grandchildren put in orders for Xmas as Santa may stop at my house again this year.
Stay safe, Stay strong
Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 09 October 20 09:22 BST (UK) »
Happy to know your op went well Carol, hope you are able to get about more easily once the medics say you may start building up exercise again. Your cat came out in sympathy for you? What a good job you have insurance!
Many congratulations to P and his fiancee. :D
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 09 October 20 21:10 BST (UK) »
Oh mowsehowse, what a shame you couldn't join the dance group. Hope the weather at least has been better for you today.

Caroline, an industrious day for you again, little yellow blanket sounds lovely.

Carol, pleased to hear that you are okay and the cat too. Congratulations to P, good to know there's some joy for him.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 09 October 20 22:25 BST (UK) »
Dull day weatherwise - my only trip out this week was to the hairdresser on Monday.   Updated my Tesco order as forgot a couple of items.

Aside from the usual tasks we all have to do, every time I sit down I pick up my knitting.   So far I've done 2 matinee jackets, half way through another one (and then to do another), and 3 x 2 premature baby hats, and 2 newborn hats.  Concentrating on the hats right now so some more newborn to do.  Will also be doing some smaller jackets.  Latest scan shows babies are good but small.   From here on in Jo will be having a scan every 2 weeks.

So not much to report but keeping busy (well my hands are).

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 09 October 20 23:10 BST (UK) »
Carol - glad to hear your op went well... always a relief to return home!
Interesting surgery for your cat too.. hope she’s well and back home with you now.
Congratulations to your son, sorry to hear treatment not doing so good... hope the bone marrow can be sorted for him soon...
Annette- looks like you’ll be seeing knitting in your sleep.... good to hear that your niece is being well monitored...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK