Author Topic: Diary - Friday 9th October  (Read 1632 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Friday 9th October
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 17 October 20 10:43 BST (UK) »
"The weather was as expected dull and cloudy, so far we’ve still not felt the need to turn our heating onto regular settings and have just had it on here and there for an hour or so... watched the news whilst having breakfast" ...

"Had a quick sandwich and off to the hairdressers" ...

"Once home got dinner sorted steak and kidney from the freezer added puff pastry and lots of vegs..."

Caroline
 ----------
Hello All

Heating been on and off here, now for a few weeks and watching the news occasionally too.

Hairdressers, I expect they'll be next to be shut, if we change to a higher Tier.

Our Doctors have been disinfecting between each patient for months, it has been send photos by email, then sent either for Blood Tests or to Hospital as an Outpatient. When Mrs P rang recently they were still playing the original "Stay Home" message unless it is for work, daily exercise or essential shopping like food.

About a dozen cases confirmed in our locality so we and all the other middle aged to elderly have been crossing the road, like we are all Lepers since March and not going out now after dark anyway.

I think only the Leper mentality will work currently and give us a chance socially of staying safe.

That Steak & Kidney Pie with puff pastry and lots of vegetables sounds like a winner  :P

My Mrs P is a very good Cook  :P  :P

Take care all and keep safe, Mark

Added, Viktoria re the Aircraft Carrier if you Google the ship's name (in commas) it was yesterday's news that part was flooded.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/defence/royal-navys-ps32bn-aircraft-carrier-hms-prince-wales-hit-flood-3005579
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12946842/sailors-bail-britains-newest-aircraft-carrier-another-leak/

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 17 October 20 11:12 BST (UK) »
This diary is for 9th October ......
I am getting all mixed up.  :'(
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 17 October 20 11:25 BST (UK) »
I’m in a Tier 3 Borough and yesterday I got the dreaded “ extremely vulnerable” text. Instead of stating all the the things you mustn’t do as I t did in March it states all those as shouldn’t do except you can go out for walks.

Alfter a lot of thought and consultation with our minister I decided I ought to suspend our Sunday Club held during the service at my church. Having fought to restart I felt bad about it but thought I better think of myself for once.

After sending texts or emails to the families I had my hair cut. Over the last months my hair’s become mainly silver (Hairdresser insists it not white but silver) all over with very little black hair left. Then walked up to Poundland for envelopes need to get stamps at some point.

After chicken curry for tea I rang a friend  in the evening to see how they and the family are and discussed how little motivation we have to get on with our family history. It was bedtime then and hoped I would sleep better than the previous night.

It’s all so depressing when you followed all the rules and now your back almost to the same scenario as in March.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 17 October 20 13:37 BST (UK) »
Gibel, I'm sorry to hear you're in Tier 3, that must be so frustrating. I'm quite surprised that hairdressers are still allowed to work, I suppose the government wants to keep businesses going as far as possible without posing a risk to people.
I agree, it is depressing, I'm only in Tier 2 and am feeling like I've come full circle. Take care, hope things change for the better soon.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 17 October 20 16:28 BST (UK) »
The hairdressers seems very safe, the hairdresser wears a mask and a face shield and you, the customer have to wear a mask the whole time. Everywhere is sanitised after each customer.  I’m only there about 15 minutes I should think.

Monday it’s the dentist, a temporary filling put in about 5 weeks ago has come out so pretty useless so I have to go back on Monday for another to be put in. It’s very sore. Eventually it’ll have to come out but that has to be done in hospital so goodness knows when that’ll be.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 17 October 20 19:38 BST (UK) »
Went for a nice little walk today,only twice around the cemetery.
Dull but fairly mild ,met a little dog ,all while but for a black patch round it’s tail.
Then a Patterdale ,but it was very big. I thought it was a small Labrador.

Sister phoned ,but no real news ,all about the glut of beans in her garden.

Just doing a big tidy and washing so I can just be quiet if needs be after laser
treatment,
A posh Retirement/ Nursing home ( Masons and Masons widows) has thirty cases ,I think I have remembered correctly.
This is not far from where I live.

Ambulance helicopter circling the motorway whilst I was walking ,no doubt an accident , the M66.

Granddaughter making plans for me to go down to Suffolk  for Christmas,
I said forget about it just for now ,it is most unlikely it will be possible .
It is not  the end of the world , we just have to be patient.

Well going for a bath then a nice cuppa and struggle with Dickens’ verbosity .

Sleep well everyone and a good day tomorrow.
Viktoria.
Nothing really to report ,hope everyone has a good night’s sleep.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 17 October 20 19:51 BST (UK) »
Viktoria
I understand what you say about  your granddaughter wanting to see you, my lovely granddaughter is coming home from university for my birthday, I don't want her to come, for her sake as well as ours , I want her parents to impress upon her not to come, it won't matter if I don't see her this year, I will still be here next year ( everything crossed and God willing), I can WhatsApp her and have a laugh
It really is a worry now,  I am finding having done all the right things the first time round, here we go again

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 17 October 20 20:56 BST (UK) »
This diary is for 9th October ......
I am getting all mixed up.  :'(

Me too. At least I think I am.  ??? ??? Have had trouble remembering what day it is these last seven months. Or is it seventeen?  ??? ???   ;D ;D

Still good to read about everyone's day.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales