Author Topic: facebooks new system  (Read 764 times)

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • humbug
    • View Profile
facebooks new system
« on: Saturday 10 October 20 16:48 BST (UK) »
on my new laptop i have tp put up with new facebook lay out is there any way i can get back to old system im struggling to deal with this new monstrosity of lay out

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Re: facebooks new system
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 10 October 20 16:51 BST (UK) »
It is awful   ---  I hate it too

I wont carry on with it on my Laptop and just use my IPad cos I think the old version is still on there...

there is a sight called 'REVERT'  that can send the site back to a previous version.. not sure it works properly-----
so havent bothered

I too hate change  really do
Xin

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 October 20 16:53 BST (UK) »
I don't think there is.  I agree the new version is awful and told them so several times, whilst switching back to the old version.  Unfortunately the old version is no longer available.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 10 October 20 16:58 BST (UK) »
It is awful   ---  I hate it too

I wont carry on with it on my Laptop and just use my IPad cos I think the old version is still on there...

there is a sight called 'REVERT'  that can send the site back to a previous version.. not sure it works properly-----
so havent bothered

I too hate change  really do
Xin

Like you Xin ..I prefer using the old version on my kindle a lot easier

Rosie

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 10 October 20 17:05 BST (UK) »
I don't think there is.  I agree the new version is awful and told them so several times, whilst switching back to the old version.  Unfortunately the old version is no longer available.

So it's wishful thinking to hope for a return to sanity.

It took me ages to discover where FB had hidden my photo albums and when I did find them, I deleted everything.   It's a shame really because the photos were uploaded specifically for kith and kin who are either doing their own family history research or are just interested in seeing what I've discovered.

Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline kiwihalfpint

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Women and Cats will do as they please
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 10 October 20 21:17 BST (UK) »
I didn't like the new look either.

You could type in the FB search page Fluff Busting (FB) Purity, it ignores the new look, or you could let Aunty Google do a search and then install.   It gets rid of a load of rubbish, and you only see the information that is relevant to you.

Cheers
KHP
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lisajb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 10 October 20 21:26 BST (UK) »
I hate it. 

Two issues

I cannot work out how to switch my newsfeed posts to “most recent” instead of “most popular”

If someone posts several pictures, you used to be able to click on one and scroll through the rest. Now, if I click on one on my iPad, I get a blank screen.
Mullingar, Westmeath Ireland: Gilligan/Wall/Meagher/Maher/Gray/O'Hara/Corroon (various spellings)
Bristol: Woodman/James/Derrick
Bristol/Somerset: Saunders/Wilmot
Gloucestershire:Woodman/Mathews/Tandy/Stinchcombe/Marten/Thompson
Wiltshire: Mathews
Carmarthen: Thomas, Lewis
Australia: Mary Lewis, transportee, married Henry Brown - what happened to her?

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 11 October 20 14:01 BST (UK) »

All of the adverts and videos are soooo annoying!

No matter how many times you click ‘hide’, they just come back.

I’m thinking of deleting it altogether...

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.