Author Topic: Do you have Jones ancestors connected with Maesmynis?  (Read 699 times)

Offline Jueb1962

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Do you have Jones ancestors connected with Maesmynis?
« on: Sunday 11 October 20 15:11 BST (UK) »
Do you have Jones ancestors connected with the beautiful hamlet that is Maesmynis, near Builth Wells?  If so, you may be interested to know I have set up a public family tree on ancestry.co.uk  "Jones Families in Maesmynis".  If you have a genuine research interest in the area then you are more than welcome to join us.  :)

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/tree/64845398/recent
Jones: Stockton, Durham,Maesmynis in Breconshire.
Laroche: Stockton on Tees; Liverpool; Quebec, Canada
Conick: Glamorgan
Trattles: NYorkshire
Jonathan: Caernarvonshire, Wales & Liverpool,
Briggs: Finghall & NYorks
Caygill: NYorks
Wright:Fylingdales
Binks: Finghall, NYorks
Brough: Staffordshire, Cheshire & Middlesbrough
Percival, Black, Tinning: Rockcliffe, Arthuret Cumberland
Bradley: Gilling & Barton, NYorks
Simpson, Bell, Latham: Liverpool, Lancashire

Offline Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have Jones ancestors connected with Maesmynis?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 October 20 21:59 BST (UK) »
A friend of mine on here (Groom) and I are researching the millers of the areas of Brecon and Radnorshire and we've come across lots of connections to Maesmynis, with quite a lot of them ither born there or living there from time to time.  It seems that milling families moved about quite a bit, and the families we are researching can be found at Maesmynis, Aberedw, Llanbadarn-garreg, Llandrindod Wells and Builth as well as at Felindre, Bronlly, Brecon and (our particular interest) Talgarth.  I think we have one Jones from Maesmynis who was a miller in Talgarth; but our primary interest is in the Handley and Lewis families.  If you come across any millers with these names I'd be interested to hear from you, and I'll check to see what we have on any Joneses who might have Maesmynis connections.

Regards
GS
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk