Author Topic: England - Prime Minister / Downing Street Today, TV at 7pm  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: England - Prime Minister / Downing Street Today, TV at 7pm
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 15 October 20 20:16 BST (UK) »
I see several posters keep referring to the mayor of Manchester.  the Lord Mayor of Manchester is Councillor Abid Latif Chohan.

One of my sons lives in Greater Manchester.  Andy Burnham was elected Mayor of the very large Metropolitan borough of GREATER MANCHESTER, which consists of ten metropolitan boroughs.   These being:

Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford, Wigan, and the cities of Salford and Manchester.

On the news tonight there was a very passionate speech made by Tory MP and backed by several others of his party, all siding with the Labour Mayor Andy Burnham.   These people would be failing in their duty if they did not fight for what they feel is best for their constituents.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 15 October 20 21:09 BST (UK) »
Many thanks,and apologies to Councillor Abid Latif Chohan.

Andy Burnham does make sense ,but at the same time a short spell of very tight restrictions may mean a shorter time when support is really necessary.

I think I would trust a local person for local issues than someone in London!
The Mayors have asked for things to be less centralised ,especially testing and tracing .
Thanks.
Viktoria.

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 15 October 20 23:10 BST (UK) »
Many thanks,and apologies to Councillor Abid Latif Chohan.

Andy Burnham does make sense ,but at the same time a short spell of very tight restrictions may mean a shorter time when support is really necessary.

I think I would trust a local person for local issues than someone in London!
The Mayors have asked for things to be less centralised ,especially testing and tracing .
Thanks.
Viktoria.

From bits of conversations during discussion programmes, I think mayors, councillors and MPs of all parties have got together to voice their opinions and come to a unanimous conclusion, whether it's been about their own specific boroughs, or "like for like" metropolitan boroughs.   I know that the Labour and Tory councillors and MP make joint announcements where I live.

Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke