Author Topic: England - Geographical Spread of Covid-19  (Read 614 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
England - Geographical Spread of Covid-19
« on: Tuesday 13 October 20 18:10 BST (UK) »
Geographical Spread of Covid 19 in England

Rate Change (Right Map)

The darkest Brown shows the greatest Rate of Change between late September and first week in October 2020.

Screenprint used by Professor Chris Whitty, Chief Medical Officer, on 12th October 2020.

Keep safe and take care, Mark

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: England - Geographical Spread of Covid-19
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 October 20 17:32 BST (UK) »
  I have just looked at the Gov.UK covid website and map, which I have been checking every few days. They have introduced a new version, which is more complex and has left me in the dark, particularly as large areas are blank and labelled as "suppressed".
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: England - Geographical Spread of Covid-19
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 October 20 22:29 BST (UK) »
  I have just looked at the Gov.UK covid website and map, which I have been checking every few days. They have introduced a new version, which is more complex and has left me in the dark, particularly as large areas are blank and labelled as "suppressed".

Hello

I cannot access parts of the site.

Infectious Disease Suppression is usually where case/infection numbers have been kept lower (than they would have been) due to the introduction of Measures or Restrictions to reduce the number of infections.

Had no action been taken to bring in Measures (Restrictions) and also those Measures not followed by the Public, then the infections/case numbers would have been higher.

There is a very brief reference to Measures (Restrictions) and Suppression here ...
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-covid-19-what-has-changed-9-september
 ----------
This is why we the public have to continue with Social Distancing, Covering/Protecting our Face and Hand hygiene, even when the infection figures drop (like at the end of our Lockdown) because England and very few countries can stamp out every infectious case and if measures are not maintained by all, an infectious communicable disease takes off again quickly, multiplies and the country get a second wave, or more, until it dies out.

The SARS-CoV-2 / Covid-19
World Health Organisation, has information about strain, mutation, variant, etc (if interested)
https://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/98/7/20-253591/en/

Take care, Mark