Author Topic: Executor Search  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Executor Search
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 14 October 20 16:13 BST (UK) »
Try again like I said in my earlier post.  Say that you cannot find any record of executors, he left no will and in view of that, could they consider releasing the information to his daughter who is 90 years old and may not be around for much longer.  She is the only immediate next of kin left.

If they are still stubborn, then I'm afraid there isn't much else you can do.  :(
Ashford: Somerset, London
England: Devon, London, New Zealand
Holdway: Wiltshire
Hooper: Bristol, Somerset
Knowling: Devon, London
Southcott: Devon, China
Strong: Wiltshire
Watson: Cambridgeshire
White: Bristol
Windo - Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 14 October 20 16:28 BST (UK) »
Was it one of her older brothers who arranged the burial?

Does she know who currently 'owns' the grave?

Offline Kenneal67

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 14 October 20 16:29 BST (UK) »
Was it one of her older brothers who arranged the burial?

Does she know who currently 'owns' the grave?

She knows nothing and the rest of her siblings are now dead and gone.

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 14 October 20 17:31 BST (UK) »
Administration of the estate (or probate if there was a will) would only be necessary if the person had assets to pass on that required it. They may have had little, if anything, to leave.

This is correct, and some years ago I was named as executor in just such a will, but the assets were below the minimum where probate was required.  There was enough to pay for the funeral and other expenses, but little left over after I had paid all the bills.  I was surprised that there was going to be no official record of all this, but a solicitor friend assured me that it was fine. 
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 14 October 20 19:29 BST (UK) »
That's their way of stonewalling you.  Keep denying they received anything in the hope that you will give up.

Write a letter to the top man/woman and see if that works.  Make it clear that you are enquiring on his 90 year old daughter's behalf and she would like to know the reason why he was there.

Attach copies of the emails that you sent, provided you still have them.

They said we could have admission date death date and a photo if one existed, other than that under the 100 year rule it would require permission from any executors and it seems there may not be any.

37. The Access to Health Records Act (AHRA) 1990 provides certain individuals with a
right of access to the health records of a deceased individual. These individuals are
defined under Section 3(1)(f) of that Act as, ‘the patient’s personal representative and
any person who may have a claim arising out of the patient’s death’. A personal
representative is the executor or administrator of the deceased person’s estate.

The Administrator is usually nearest Next of Kin authorised (after Swearing) either at the Probate Registry or before the Asset holder's Solicitor.

Mark