Author Topic: Desperately seeking Daisy ROBERTS, nee SKETCHLEY (AKA Peggy LAMERTS/LAMERTO)  (Read 1859 times)

Offline jansel70

• RootsChat Extra
  • G'day from Gold Coast - Perfect every day!
    • View Profile
Re: Desperately seeking Daisy ROBERTS, nee SKETCHLEY (AKA Peggy LAMERTS/LAMERTO)
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 October 20 07:56 BST (UK) »
To cupoflife:
This info on Victor Francis Lamerto is a revelation, and is certainly worth checking out. Not sure why I hadn't picked this up before, but have been experiencing a little difficulty with Trove since the revamp of the site. Many, many thanks for this reference.

To wivenhoe:
"What is on the death certificate that enables you to identify these two events to be for the same woman?"
- I don't think I answered this question fully. There are two NSW Death index records with the same registered number 853/1939 - one for Daisy Veronica Roberts, the other for Peggy Lamerto. The full transcription previously detailed is one I obtained for "Daisy Veronica Roberts known as Peggy Lamerts" (sic). The name Lemerts could end with an 'O', as indicated in 'Other Comments' by the Agent.
Also, we do know that Daisy Sketchley married Owen Roberts and the parent details on the DC transcription confirms the connection.
Questions: Should I be getting a full certificate? For which entry - Roberts or Lamerto? Wouldn't both registration entries show the same information?

Thanks again .... Sel

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Desperately seeking Daisy ROBERTS, nee SKETCHLEY (AKA Peggy LAMERTS/LAMERTO)
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 15 October 20 08:00 BST (UK) »

The Daily News (Perth)  6 Jan 1925   p7
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/82860443?
...funeral David James SKETCHLEY.....mourners Mrs A SKETCHLEY (widow)...J D SKETCHLEY (son)....
Mrs D ROBERTS...Mrs S REYNOLDS....Miss Lilly SKETCHLEY (daughters).....

Daisy is in Perth, and with the SKETCHLEY family at 1925.

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 15 October 20 08:04 BST (UK) »

BDM has one death record for Daisy Veronica / Peggy. You can see it as two entries on the index to show you, the researcher, that Daisy uses two family names.  But there is only one document....the one that you have.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 15 October 20 08:22 BST (UK) »
You have her on electoral rolls in NSW - what name was she using then, and where was she living/

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jansel70

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 15 October 20 08:39 BST (UK) »
To wivenhoe: Thanks for the 1925 Trove record - another one I have missed! Looks like I'll have to review my searching techniques. Also thanks for clearing up my confusion on certificate/BDM index records.

To judb: "You have her on electoral rolls in NSW - what name was she using then, and where was she living"
 - This is buried in Reply #8 ... 'Daisy Veronica Roberts, Bumborah Point, Yarra Bay; Occupation HD. It's the same info on both rolls.'

Grateful for all this help.

.... Sel

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 15 October 20 08:55 BST (UK) »

"..Owen Ronald Roberts in June 1918."

What happened to Owen....I am not seeing him...electoral rolls....BDM WA....WW2......?

Offline jansel70

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 15 October 20 09:23 BST (UK) »
To wivenhoe:
Briefly, Birth record WA BDM 1358/1918, registered in Perth; Owen R Roberts. WW2 record ... Ronald Roberts. It appears he dropped the 'Owen' for much of his adult life and just used Ronald.

Sorry, I'm committed for the rest of this evening, so I'll have to come back to you tomorrow on this. But it's a messy trail with name changes and un-verified family stories.

'til tomorrow.

... Sel

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 15 October 20 10:27 BST (UK) »
A couple more records about the son:

1980 Electoral Roll Fremantle Palmyra 17 Swan Rd At[ta]dale
Owen Ronald Roberts [No occupation]; Rachel Roberts hd

Death 27 Dec 1981 [Findagrave]
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/213551314/_

Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline jansel70

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 15 October 20 20:36 BST (UK) »
Hello Peter .... nice to hear from you. I recall the quality photo restoration work you did for me a year or so ago.
And I did have these records - I'm told that Owen (known to everyone as Ronald/Ron) was a very private man. The Rachel in the AERs is his second wife.
Many thanks for the contact.
.... Sel