Author Topic: Margaret Davies and Brothers  (Read 838 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Davies and Brothers
« Reply #9 on: Friday 16 October 20 01:54 BST (UK) »
Marriage:

Sep 1924 Liverpool 8b 135
DAVIES Robert P
WALMSLEY Annie

Death:

Jun 1974 Delyn 24 446
DAVIES Robert Parry 18DEC1901

Children:

Jun 1925 Liverpool 8b 521
DAVIES Robert A mmn WALMSLEY

Mar 1929 Liverpool 8b 473
DAVIES M G mmn WALMSLEY

Sep 1946 St.Asaph 8a 684
DAVIES W A mmn WALMSLEY

Could you tell me the year of death for the youngest son, as there is no death showing up to 2019 on GRO UK?

What was the daughter’s married surname?

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 16 October 20 08:11 BST (UK) »
Jamjar, wow your way too quick for me lol
I’m going to start investigating Margaret’s marriage today I’m hoping that I might be able to find some kin alive but that’s another story

I don’t know the death of the youngest child as I’ve only just started investigating this  family their father was my mothers uncle,
A very distant cousin in America told me all the children had died
Thanks Val

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 16 October 20 08:18 BST (UK) »
Good morning Bridgemac
Thank you for the reply, my mother was in a home from a very early age but all her family were from Abergele and Llanifair
The father of this family was my mothers uncle and I have two more sisters to investigate, Parry was one of the families from Llanifair name
And it appeared my great grandmother gave it as a middle name to most of the children I’m so thankful
I’m back to the third generation or possibly fourth in Llanifair but now coming forward it seems a little bit more difficult
2 of Robert Parry Davies sisters remain at large lol
I do have their birth details but one of them went to Patagonia I can’t even find a marriage for her in Wales on the UK and the other sister I even have a photo for her but I can’t find a marriage or her death but I’m pretty certain she was living in a home in Abergele but without a married name it’s a nightmare
I do have their birth details but one of them went to Patagonia I can’t even find a marriage for her in Wales on the UK and the other sister I even have a photo for her but I can’t find a marriage or her death but I’m pretty certain she was living in a home in Abergele but without a married name it’s a nightmare
Thanks for the reply
Everyone here is so helpful

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 16 October 20 08:30 BST (UK) »
I am not sure about Wesley's connection to the family, not only because of the near 20 yr gap from the two others, but because there are a couple of births in the following years in St Asaph district of Davies babies with mother's maiden name Walmsley. Maybe the mother was connected to Annie, so he was a relative, but not sibling of Robert and Margaret

It would be good if you could post a few names and details of the people you're trying to trace, we might be able to help

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 16 October 20 08:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you Mabel,
I will do this in a bit, I will gather my paperwork together,
I just thought Wesley a late baby, plus I had heard this name in the family I don’t know where from

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 16 October 20 11:08 BST (UK) »
Ditto name andof date of your PARRY great grandma
And a summary of your finds so far

Jamjar found a lot overnight
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline lancsann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 16 October 20 11:51 BST (UK) »
Just a little more information as to where Robert & Annie married

Lancashire Marriage indexes for the years: 1924
Surname   Forename(s)   Surname   Forename(s)   Year   Church / Register Office   
DAVIES   Robert P   WALMSLEY   Annie   1924   Mossley Hill, St. Matthew with St. James

from the free site lancsbmd.org.uk

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 16 October 20 13:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks Lancsann
Another piece of imfo

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 16 October 20 13:25 BST (UK) »
Well I came on here to find this family and she will help me do that if I go further back it’s a Welsh connection so I know this is the Lancashire forum
As Robert Parry Davies senior and his wife Annie were back in Flintshire  in 1939
I guess my search should start there again
I know lots  the Davies family from research starting with my mothers Dr Bernardo records
Thanks to the introduction to Free BMD yesterday I could have there daughter Margaret G marriage in Holywell looks like he could be of German descent in 1947 which makes sense but it makes her quite young to marry but it’s so difficult when you can’t see the bride‘s father
Brigimac apologies the Paris name appears to be on the male side of the family still in Llanifair but I have been able to trace them and find there headstone in the church
Mabel it was really the 3 children of Robert and Annie I was looking to find but it seems they were back in Wales in 1939
And the son Wesley or maybe not the son  lol was born 1946 St Asaphs maiden name of mother Walmsley but it says inferred county Cheshire
Which I don’t understand
Robert P Davies Snr parents were Daniel and Emma Davies from Abergele Robert was born 1902