Author Topic: John EVANS Baptism in Llanelltyd - Query on "Abode"  (Read 620 times)

Offline Sassenach73

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John EVANS Baptism in Llanelltyd - Query on "Abode"
« Reply #9 on: Friday 16 October 20 12:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your help!  Its added a whole new dimension to this particular branch of the tree  :)

Offline willyam

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 16 October 20 14:28 BST (UK) »
Here, within this link: https://britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/300016172-maestryfer-llanelltyd#.X4me8y9Q2qB is what looks as though it may be the farmhouse at Maestryfer (Farm).

Willyam

Offline Sassenach73

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 16 October 20 14:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Willyam,

I had literally just come across this when I started my searching again earlier!  Its brilliant and I cannot thank everyone enough for their help!  I am researching an older gentleman's tree for him as he has been in lockdown, completely on his own, since March and he hasn't got any idea of his family tree beyond his Grandfather!  So I decided to undertake the task and its been a fascinating journey - I type up the details and weave it into a story, with photos where possible!  His great Aunt was an actress, singer, known as Snookie?  Another great Aunt was an opera singer and two of his Great Uncles were military heroes - he has been in the Navy himself!  So I've reached his Great Grandfather now and, certainly, as far as he's concerned, when things return to some form of normality and its safe for him to venture out, he and his son want to visit as many of his family's ancestoral homes/towns as they can!  So far, there are quite a few inns and farmouses in and around Henllan and Llanelltyd and Llanaber. It will be a good long read for him thats for sure and should help pass the time :D

Offline goldie61

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 16 October 20 21:21 BST (UK) »
What a lovely story Sassenach
I love it when people use family history research to do things like this.
I bet the person you are doing it for will be thrilled, and have a great time visiting all the places you've found.
Good for you!  :)
Lane, Burgess: Cheshire. Finney, Rogers, Gilman:Derbys
Cochran, Nicol, Paton, Bruce:Scotland. Bertolle:London
Bainbridge, Christman, Jeffs: Staffs

Offline Sassenach73

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 16 October 20 23:44 BST (UK) »
Thankyou!   :)

He is such a lovely, kind hearted man, and so it was just something I truly felt honoured to do for him -  he will be sooo grateful for it and I just know that he and his son will have a great time together - one of the old farmhouses is actually now a B and B so that will no doubt be one place they will stay in XX