Author Topic: Diary > Friday 16th October.  (Read 745 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Friday 16th October.
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 October 20 12:20 BST (UK) »
Woke to a bright day which was a refreshing change.  Asda delivery arrived just after 1pm - 1 substitute which I didn't want so taken back by driver.   After putting that away Hermes delivered some wool I'd ordered, did some knitting until around 4pm when I went to the pharmacy to collect my 3 monthly repeat prescription.   One lady ahead of me who I hadn't noticed was not wearing a mask.   She glanced in my direction after a while and then frantically rummaged in her bag before finding and donning her mask.

Continued knitting when I got home - if I sit down I automatically pick up my needles now.   Lots to do before babies arrive.

Looking forward to meeting up with my sister and 2 friends this evening (Saturday) for a meal at friends house.   My sister and I have birthdays this coming week (consecutive days) and tonight the only time when we could get together with our friends.

Had dinner and evening spent watching tv and knitting.   Riveting stuff this!

Noticed no-one had started the diary for today - I too was tired although I did still read for a while in bed as I seem to sleep better if I do.

Stay safe!

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 17 October 20 13:38 BST (UK) »
We all have to keep on keeping on.
Ankerdine You have a heron which feeds at your pond? That's a sort of a mixed blessing I imagine.
The boating lake/pond is still there in Young's Park, adjacent to Goodrington beach. Motorised bumper boats, and pedal boat swans are available for hire in the summer time. 
At quiet times it is possible to see large fish, and there is plenty of bird life which had a good breeding season this year.  Swans, herons, mallard and tufted ducks, coots and moorhens all feed there on a regular basis.
Not the same place as the lakes we have walked around this week, which have been created on what was a massive municipal rubbish dump in Clennon Valley, (the other side of the Dartmouth Road,) and the area is becoming a marvellous wildlife sanctuary, under the care of a great team of volunteers who control the vegetation.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline ankerdine

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Unknown Scottish relatives sisters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 17 October 20 14:05 BST (UK) »
That's a wonderful thing to have done for nature; a really positive activity for today.

I wonder if they are the same bumper boats? I could try and scan and post it for a laugh however not v. good at that techie stuff!
J
Blair, Marshall, Williamson - Ayrshire, Wigtownshire
Saxton, Sketchley - Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire
Brown, Green - Rutland
Hawker, Malone, Bradbury, Arnott, Turner, Woodings, Blakemore, Upton, Merricks - Warwickshire, Staffordshire
Silvers, Dudley, Worcs
Deakin - Staffordshire

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 17 October 20 16:07 BST (UK) »
That would be great Ankerdine.
Next time I am passing I will take a snap of what is there these days.  :D
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 17 October 20 21:06 BST (UK) »
Ankerdine, I can just imagine you miming through the butcher's window 'Don't forget the chops' and OH replying 'They don't sell chocolate here'  ;D

I'll think about whether I dare lay myself bare by posting my artwork here for the world to see.  ;D

Annette, hope you've enjoyed your meal tonight.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales