Author Topic: Does Jane translate as Anna in Latin?  (Read 638 times)

Offline PAK

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Does Jane translate as Anna in Latin?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 October 20 22:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone - especially those who pointed me to the marriage bond - about the only record I hadn't already checked. What's more, I went on to the next page in the register where it clearly shows her as "Janem Raven". That clinches it for me.
Clearly I can now rule out her being the Anna Raven born in 1676, so the line stops there as her birth/baptism is probably not available. But better to stop there, than add in wrong data.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Does Jane translate as Anna in Latin?
« Reply #10 on: Monday 19 October 20 16:16 BST (UK) »
I'm sure we all really hope you find that birth / baptism record you need. It's far better than clutching the wrong one and trying to "make it fit". She'll turn up - probably someone on here will discover her for you! Good luck.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)