Author Topic: Anybody fancy double checking the last bit for me ????  (Read 712 times)

Offline paul lamont steel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anybody fancy double checking the last bit for me ????
« on: Sunday 18 October 20 13:31 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone
Trying to get my head round the last bit of my family tree on my grans side and was wondering if anybody fancies double checking it for me as is all getting a bit strange  ...... I’ve finished it as far as I can to 1550 and  just wanna see if someone else came up with the same for the last few generations ........
I need to go from a Henry Watts born 1550 in georgeham Devon died 1626 ....... married a faith Elliot and had a son Tristram ..... I’ve managed to take it a few more generations but is getting all strange so was wondering if anybody fancied double checking n see if we come up with the same ....... 🤷‍♂️

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody fancy double checking the last bit for me ????
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 October 20 13:32 BST (UK) »
I can get it back to about 1490 but  am a bit unsure

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 October 20 07:40 BST (UK) »
Henry Watts b 1550 Georgeham ,Devon
brother Richard Watts b 1558 - died 1635
father John Watts b 1530 - died 1604
father of John Watts - John Watts b 1485 died 1530 / mother Alice Gates b circa 1480

of course - this is someone elses tree - so YOU have to decide if it is genuine - have you ever heard of the tree owner - Paralee Eckman ??

https://gw.geneanet.org/paralee1?n=watts&oc=&p=henry
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 October 20 07:51 BST (UK) »
have you got a daughter for Henry and Faith
Steffanett Watts ??
doesn't mention Faith as mother - but looks a very good bet to me - unless there were TWO Henry Watts in Georgeham at the time

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:N54M-JVP
 :)

ADDED
If you think Steffanett IS Henry / Faiths daughter - here is her marriage - also in Georgeham
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:N2VW-T46

Bartholomew and Steffanett have 6 children 1608 - 1620 - ALL born in Georgeham
https://www.familysearch.org/search/record/results?q.surname=score&q.birthLikePlace=georgeham&q.birthLikeDate.from=1607&q.birthLikeDate.to=1630&q.fatherGivenName=bartholomew&q.motherGivenName=steffanett&f.recordCountry=England&f.recordSubcountry=England%2CDevon&count=20&offset=0&m.defaultFacets=on&m.queryRequireDefault=on&m.facetNestCollectionInCategory=on
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 19 October 20 07:59 BST (UK) »
Morning all
That’s the problem I’m having ..... according to ancestry and my heritage Henry’s father is sir John watts the Lord Mayor of London ...... personally I can’t see how you go from being Lord Mayor and founder of the India shipping company to a farmer in Devon ..... plus On checking wiki it said he had 4 sons but another site said 6 🤷‍♂️ I think I got it as sir johns brother John wade watts was his dad but am still not 100% and it totally threw me with all the sir johns 1 ,2 n 3 as again according to wiki sir John ( the Lord Mayor ) his dad was called Thomas 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Has totally confused me for days lol ...... plus I deleted it if ancestry as didn’t think it was right so can’t get it back up again lol

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 19 October 20 08:04 BST (UK) »
Are you doing your research from parish registers or other peoples trees.  FindMyPast has the register images for Georgeham where you can check all of your information.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 19 October 20 08:10 BST (UK) »
I am a bit confused
Sir JOHN WATTS WAS B 1554 in Hertfordshire

your HENRY WATTS was b 1550 in Devon - father John Watts b 1530- died 1604  - why would you get the Sir John and Henrys father John mixed up there is a birth difference of 24 years AND a different County - or am I missing something ??

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 19 October 20 08:13 BST (UK) »
That’s what ancestry is saying , my heritage is saying and about 49 people have that as there tree ..... me personally like you am very sceptical , that’s why I’ve not added it or copied from peoples trees .....   as I can’t see it myself ........

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 19 October 20 08:20 BST (UK) »
OK - I see your dilemma - see if other members can give their opinion  :)