Author Topic: Find my Past Newspaper Archive  (Read 545 times)

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Find my Past Newspaper Archive
« on: Tuesday 20 October 20 13:23 BST (UK) »
Since the Windows 10 update, on the Show Filter Screen for the newspapers, I do not have the Cancel, Apply filters button showing. I have no problem with it on my iPad. Is anyone else having this problem?
I can get round this if I click on Inspect then they do show.
Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
Re: Find my Past Newspaper Archive
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 October 20 21:50 BST (UK) »
The buttons ae likely still there, but just below what you can see at your bowser zoom level. I have to scroll down to reach them, and have had to do so for ages on the screen I use most.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 October 20 22:54 BST (UK) »
I have the same problem, which I'm getting round by using the browser zoom +/- to take it down to 90%.  Annoying though, as to read the papers I have to take it back up to 100%.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham. North Yorkshire.  JACKSON: East Yorks, North Yorks, Durham. TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 October 20 08:48 BST (UK) »
The buttons ae likely still there, but just below what you can see at your bowser zoom level. I have to scroll down to reach them, and have had to do so for ages on the screen I use most.

I was unaware of being able to set the browser zoom level, using ctrl and - does the job, thank you.

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk