Author Topic: England Briefing On TV at 5pm and Commons Statement this Evening  (Read 4985 times)

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: England Briefing On TV at 5pm and Commons Statement this Evening
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 31 October 20 19:28 GMT (UK) »
  That will be the hospital porters, binmen, social workers, prison officers......
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 31 October 20 19:33 GMT (UK) »

I'm retired, but I would definitely be sacking any of my workers who by their deliberate actions endangered the lives of others

What would you do with the employers whose actions endanger the lives of others?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 31 October 20 19:35 GMT (UK) »
We pussy foot around in a great many things,where  other countries come down hard.
Not just Covid 19.
Human rights and all that sort of thing. But we all have some rights and I’ll be dashed if I sit back when selfish morons just won’ t use any social conscience
they just might have.

I wonder how many cases will develop from the 100+guests at a recent wedding!?
Utter selfishness, and it should be dealt with really hard.
Can they not equate their actions with possible strain on the NHS and Health Workers.
Wonder what they would say if told ,” Sorry mate, but you in all probability
got the Virus at that wedding where there were far far too many guests.
We will isolate you ,but as far as treatment goes, our staff are busy looking  after  others ,:-
 people who have stuck to the rules but because of the likes if you are sadly now ill.
You are on your own mate!”

Oh dear ,the poor little darlings —- Grrrrrr!
Victoria the vicious - vindictive - vile etc etc etc .
Viktoria.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 31 October 20 19:41 GMT (UK) »
The whole thing is ridiculous - too little, too late. If he'd listened to SAGE and the doctors when they advised a two week circuit break five weeks ago, it wouldn't have come to this. He's left it too late again and still won't admit that he was wrong. All four countries should have locked down at the same time.

He's now said " But it's my sincere hope and belief that by taking tough action now, we can allow families across the country to be together, for Christmas."  How can he even hope to do that, if he then allows people to meet up it will mean another lockdown in January or February.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 31 October 20 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Couldn’t agree with you more Viktoria and groom...
Why didn’t he take the opportunity with half term to have a week before and a week after so at least kids would only miss the one week of school but everyone else would have 3 wks...
I know the  economy needs to continue but really why aren’t the people who are blatantly flouting the requests made of them not being fined....
It beggars belief really I’m virtually speechless 😤😤😤

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 31 October 20 20:12 GMT (UK) »
But then in Wales we are half way(ish) through a two week(ish) lockdown, a "firebreak" (a rose by any other name), and even at the start of that we were being told we may well need another one early January. Too little too late here?. Also, the local, not very effective, lockdowns will be abandoned on 9th November, when the lockdown ends, for a set of, yet to be announced, national restrictions on our lives.
Whatever happens, until we have some sort of effective prevention/reduction in disease effect via vaccine/tablet available, we will be in and out of lockdowns everywhere.
However, what I find strange is that very few have recognised the correlation between the rise in infection rates, the opening of universities and the behaviour we have witnessed outside licenced premises in various cities/areas with high numbers of university students.
I must admit if I was their age I would probably take the same selfish view, but I am older, wiser and fully aware of my own, together with that of others, mortality.
  :)
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

guest189040

« Reply #33 on: Saturday 31 October 20 20:39 GMT (UK) »
We are Governed by imbeciles.

It does not take a PHD in Science or statistical Maths to work out that the way to limit this crisis is to have phased Total Lockdowns periodically.

Kids half term was a golden opportunity to add on a couple of more weeks.

Hopefully this four week period will be supported and the authorities come down hard on those that flout the rules.

If all goes well the rules at Christmas can be relaxed for a week or two and when the cases rise in the New Year (as they will) then another lockdown can be planned for. 

Surely these cyclic lockdowns are the way forward until an effective vaccine is produced and our fellow citizens are inoculated.

Mind you a Facebook friend of my Wife suffered an acute Asthma Attack and she was taken into her local A&E against her will only by the Ambulance service only to be placed in a four bay holding area where the other three were snorting and coughing, there were no effective screens between them and none were given facemasks to wear.  She videoed her experiences and is now terrified she could have been infected.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 31 October 20 21:37 GMT (UK) »
However, what I find strange is that very few have recognised the correlation between the rise in infection rates, the opening of universities and the behaviour we have witnessed outside licenced premises in various cities/areas with high numbers of university students.

I think people have noticed it, but have been shouted down by the "students needed to go back, they need to have a normal life" brigade (not on here). I feel really sorry for the freshers, they certainly didn't have a normal start to Uni - no fresher's week, being told to isolate in rooms so not able to make friends, the threat of not being allowed home for Christmas, very little face to face teaching etc. I wonder how many will drop out, or end up with mental problems. I think it would have been far better to have given them all a gap year. From distant memories, those first few weeks at Uni were the best weeks of my life up until then. I wonder how this year's freshers will look back on it.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 31 October 20 22:17 GMT (UK) »
Lockdown won't get rid of the virus, it will hopefully only reduce the number of new daily infections.

It is highly infectious.

We have cancelled any thought or plans of travelling and meeting family until next year.

Some Covid-19 positives have no symptons. When some do test positive some take no precautions.

Travel spreads it too.

Mark