Author Topic: England Briefing On TV at 5pm and Commons Statement this Evening  (Read 4976 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
England Briefing On TV at 5pm and Commons Statement this Evening
« on: Tuesday 20 October 20 16:54 BST (UK) »
Government (England) on TV at 5pm and Commons Statement this Evening (believed to be 19.00 hrs, 7pm)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: England Briefing On TV at 5pm and Commons Statement this Evening
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 October 20 22:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks , I have no TV mag this week.
It is a mess isn't it, who to believe Andy Burnham or Boris..
It would seem the £60 million is for a far larger area than  than the other Northern  areas getting the same .amount .
But people are starting to wonder if Andy Burnham is on a self aggrandisement trip.
Whatever it is all a huge mess and still people not taking it seriously .
 Viktoria.

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 October 20 08:39 BST (UK) »

and still people not taking it seriously.
Viktoria.

It seems the SARS-CoV-2 Spike (S) Protein, has mutated or changed.
(National Center for Biotechnology Information, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/

The ACE2 Receptor is found in some of the major organs and linked to the arterial system (also linked to regulation of BP).

ACE2 (Angiotensin Converting Enzyme 2) is an enzyme attached to the cell membranes of cells located in the lungs, arteries, heart, kidney, and intestines.

Half of your last sentence Viktoria sums up the dangerous attitude of some quite eloquently.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 21 October 20 08:53 BST (UK) »
So true Viktoria, a HUGE mess, and people in tier 3 areas merrily going out of area to use a gym in tier 2 areas.  :'(
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 21 October 20 17:18 BST (UK) »
Viktoria reply #1. I know which one I'm less likely to believe, based on past performances. Part of the problem is that trust has broken down. It's been eroding for 6 months. (Peter Hennessy, constitutional historian, cites 10 days in May, beginning with PM's confusing TV address, made without consulting other national or regional leaders, as the start of erosion of trust.)  Oldham Council leader said last night on "Newsnight" that they wouldn't accept an offer unless it was in writing.
Re. "self aggrandisement" claim. This is part of the personalisation and divide & conquer tactics used against northern leaders during the past fortnight. GM mayor has been added to the list of enemies and scapegoats. Lisa Nandy said today that the government is "weirdly obsessed" with Andy Burnham. (Sky News) There's an article in today's "Independent" about the battle between Johnson and Burnham and how devolution isn't working. I can't find it again.
Letter today signed by 40 northern leaders. 

Cowban

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 21 October 20 18:19 BST (UK) »
there are some really unrealistic people in this world, who think that a minority of a population can subsidise the majority.

There's nearly 65 million people in the overpopulated UK,

about 3.5 million work in the public sector.   

The majority of private sector workers are either on short time or laid off and hoping to be paid by "the government" = the taxpayers.

The country's borrowing now equals that of WWII when my factory worker father and others paid a standard 45% tax on his 40 hours per week wages. Excepting for children's clothes; Purchase Tax could be anything from 25% to 75% (more for jewellery).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_United_Kingdom_employers
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 21 October 20 22:25 BST (UK) »
I'm afraid that the massive debt will need to be serviced at some point but we need to realise it will be a lengthy, painful task. So lengthy, in fact, our great grandchildren will still be feeling the pain when we are long gone and governments still won't have any money of their own.
It doesn't matter what, where, when and how it happens, there will still be people who feel disgruntled, no doubt some justifiably so but also some who just enjoy a sense of grievance. The majority of us just grit our teeth, gird our loins (am I allowed to say that now?) and get on with life.
 :)
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 22 October 20 13:49 BST (UK) »

and still people not taking it seriously.
Viktoria.

The most serious thing to some people is "spoiling their fun"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-54631524
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 22 October 20 15:40 BST (UK) »
I'm afraid that the massive debt will need to be serviced at some point but we need to realise it will be a lengthy, painful task. So lengthy, in fact, our great grandchildren will still be feeling the pain when we are long gone and governments still won't have any money of their own.

The majority of us just grit our teeth, gird our loins (am I allowed to say that now?) and get on with life.   :)

I find myself having unexpected "power naps" these days, thus only caught one part of the statements.

I did catch most of the Treasurers Q and A this afternoon though and it seemed to me that if a person isn't an expert at working out which group(s) heading they come under then their pockets will be nearly empty instead of nearly full.

Some of the best ideas have emerged in times of adversity and I'm pretty sure many British people will have a "light bulb" moment of ingenuity during their time of enforced lockdown, which will need the expertise of either the Prince's Trust or the local area's Enterprise Trust, to put their ideas in the market place.

Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke