Author Topic: William Dorrity, Land Steward and wife Elizabeth McCullough  (Read 505 times)

Offline JulD

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Dorrity, Land Steward and wife Elizabeth McCullough
« on: Wednesday 21 October 20 13:37 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for information , family relations and if possible a marriage for William Dorrity and Elizabeth Mccullough.
William was born abt 1840 in County Monaghan and I have a possible death for him 25th Sept 1924 in Balrothery, Dublin. His wife Elizabeth was born abt 1845 County Monaghan, she died the 22nd Oct 1905 in Lough Shinny, Holmpatrick, Dublin.
I have found 3 children for them -
Child 1 - James Dorrity born 30th Oct 1864 in Monaghan and died 23rd July 1943 in St Lawrences Hospital, Dublin. He married Helena Rosborough in Dec 1888 in Dublin. They had 10 children.
Child 2 - Margaret Dorrity born 1866 in County Monaghan [no birth  or death records found] she married Charles Edgar Howes 21st Dec 1892 in St Werburgh, Dublin. They had 1 daughter Laura Elizabeth Howes born 23rd Aug 1893, Rotunda Hospital, Parnell Street, Dublin. Charles was a soldier in the Gloucestershire Regiment living in Ship Street Barracks. On the 1901 census Margaret and daughter Laura are with Margarets parents William and Elizabeth in Lough Shinny, Holmpatrick, Dublin.
Child 3 - Annie Dorrity born abt 1869 in County Monaghan and died on the 27th Jan 1940 in Rutherglen, Glasgow, Scotland. She married William Archibald on the 5th Oct 1895 in Glasgow Scotland. They had 6 children
Margaret's daughter Laura is my husbands Great Grandmother, we know where Laura was from her birth until she supposedly returned to Skerries, Dublin where she was working as a hosiery worker.
We would love to connect with anyone who knew of Laura to fill in the family blanks as its a complete mystery.
If you got to the bottom of this post thank you for reading  ;D

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline JulD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Dorrity, Land Steward and wife Elizabeth McCullough
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 October 20 16:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much, It has been a tremendous help the nephew would be Matilda's Brother James's son, James Henry Dorrity. I can now look for a birth for Matilda who I didn't know existed
Thank you again for your help

Offline auceltic

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: William Dorrity, Land Steward and wife Elizabeth McCullough
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 May 21 05:34 BST (UK) »
Hi
I realize this is an old post.
I am a descendant of Frances Mecklem  and Catherine Dorrity
They lived in Dianmore Drum Monaghan
Frances was born about 1792 assume Catherine was similar Catherine died 1862
Killycoonagh Killeevan
May be William And Catherine were related as Dorrity is not a common name in Monaghan
I would be pleased if you have information on Dorrity's in Monaghan
Regards Ross