Author Topic: And so, what happens when you find you've been infected...  (Read 2702 times)

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: And so, what happens when you find you've been infected...
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 24 October 20 11:50 BST (UK) »
That question was mentioned and booster needed. Currently being used in Greece with good results.

Skoosh.

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 24 October 20 12:22 BST (UK) »
Speaking from an entirely personal perspective, it seems to me the English government does not have a vested interest in listening to the independent scientific view, and consequently they actually do not have the faintest idea about the levels of covid in the English community, and they care even less.

There are definitely members of the community in England who are too selfish to do the decent thing :-

2 days ago — McDonald's workers blast bosses for acting too slowly over covid case ... Two Bristol McDonald's workers have claimed they were told to self-isolate a ... "People have been coughing all week but none of them got sent home."

Today:  7 hours ago — A McDonald's employee in Hull who "couldn't stop coughing" at work has tested positive for coronavirus. ..
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 24 October 20 13:56 BST (UK) »
Speaking from an entirely personal perspective, it seems to me the English government does not have a vested interest in listening to the independent scientific view, and consequently they actually do not have the faintest idea about the levels of covid in the English community, and they care even less.

I'm amazed anyone still thinks that the government cares. To them, its an exercise in power, playing god - call it what you will. In England, of course, its also an opportunity to give millions to their cronies, many of whom will 'reward' them at a later date. by donating to their party funds. In Scotland, it seems to me to be another stick their leader is using to batter her people into submission to independence. There is almost always a hidden goal.

Covid is way down the list of causes of recent deaths in the UK, behind the flu.

You can obey all these stupid, petty 'rules' if you like (and if you can understand them from one week to the next) but I'm not going to be manipulated by idiots who can't tell up from down. I shall continue to act sensibly, avoid crowds (which I always do anyway) and get on with living my life.

Oh, and if I want a new pair of socks, I won't go to Wales - I'll order them online! Did you even think of that option, Mr Drakeford?
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 24 October 20 14:09 BST (UK) »
Hate to shatter your delusions but the Scottish Government are battering nobody to independence. Scotland has been dragged out of the EU against the votes of the people, every county having voted remain and so the pro Indy intentions now are almost 60%. The campaign hasn't even started yet & the election is in May. Bring it on!
 You might be better addressing your outrage to the scandal of English kids going to bed hungry in the holidays while ours & the Welsh kids get fed.

Skoosh.

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 24 October 20 14:27 BST (UK) »
Hate to shatter your delusions but the Scottish Government are battering nobody to independence. Scotland has been dragged out of the EU against the votes of the people, every county having voted remain and so the pro Indy intentions now are almost 60%. The campaign hasn't even started yet & the election is in May. Bring it on!
 You might be better addressing your outrage to the scandal of English kids going to bed hungry in the holidays while ours & the Welsh kids get fed.

Skoosh.

You'll never convince me that everything your leader does isn't to promote her independence obsession. I've no axe to grind over Scottish independence - if I was Scottish, I might well vote for it myself. My point was her manipulating the situation, not her reasons for doing so.

As for your second point - cheap shot! Of course, I was dismayed at the result of the vote over feeding children during half term. Its yet another example of the government having no idea of what's going on in the country, and caring less.
HELP!!!

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 24 October 20 15:39 BST (UK) »
Nothing cheap about hungry weans, the vote in the Commons was supported by the dying breed of Scottish Tory MP's supporting the government's denial of dinners for English kids, yet the Scottish Government feeds ours. Not to boost independence but because the case is undeniable.
 Nicola Sturgeon has barely mentioned Indy since March as she's busy with something called Corona. Some party activists are not pleased at this as they want Indy yesterday.
 Campaigning will start soon enough and with voting intentions amongst the under 35 year olds at nearly 75% it's steady as she goes. To echo Napoleon, never interrupt the enemy when they're making a mistake, and there has been no shortage of them, ;D

Skoosh.

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 24 October 20 15:45 BST (UK) »
Its as well to remember that most English people actually like the Scots and Scotland. I've visited a number of times and find the people very friendly and the countryside breath-taking.

So, please, don't bunch us all together with the Tories - I'm from the North and, believe me, we'd love Home Rule.
HELP!!!

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 24 October 20 15:55 BST (UK) »
Being a quarter from the Black Country I don't have any prob's with my English cousins except to wind them up occasionally!  ;D

A disgrace to read in todays Guardian that local kids at Durham Uni' are being discriminated against for their accents & perceived poverty & called chavs & dirty northerners & worse. Several have packed in their intended career path and gone home.

Skoosh.

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 24 October 20 16:11 BST (UK) »
And I have a 2x great grandfather and grandmother who were both Scottish (from Aberdeen and Perth respectively). I've never really been able to work out what percentage Scots that makes me. Their daughter (my gt grandmother) was born in England but of Scottish parents.

One was a Campbell - I watched Neil Oliver's Blood of the Clans last night. We were a bloodthirsty lot!!

Durham Uni believes itself to be 3rd in importance behind Oxford and Cambridge so I'm not surprised they're taking in a majority of people who consider themselves a cut above.
HELP!!!