Author Topic: Can anyone find Terence Keating bapt 5 March 1838 Dublin in the 1901 census?  (Read 566 times)

Offline Jang

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone find Terence Keating bapt 5 March 1838 Dublin in the 1901 census?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 24 October 20 08:41 BST (UK) »
Chempat,
Good to know that 23 Standish St was a boarding house - Terence and Margaret must have been boarding there before entering the workhouse.

Thanks for the feedback, garstonite - I took it to mean that Margaret was working in a hospital but she joined her husband in the workhouse. But perhaps the workhouse and hospital were one and the same.

I'm mystified as to where they were before and after they entered the workhouse!
England:
Durham: COULSON, FENWICK, HUNTER, LOWES, NAYLOR, ROBSON
Norfolk: DEWING, OUGHTON, TAYLOR,
Lancashire: TWEDDLE
Ireland: KEATING, KIRBY, Limerick; NELSON, Donegal
Scotland: BENNIE, Glasgow; COOK, Renfrewshire; HENDERSON, Alloa/Dundee; HUNTER, Glasgow; KIRKWOOD, Alloa; LAMONT, Dalkeith; YOUNG, Glasgow
Switzerland: VOSTI, DELUBINI
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jang

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone find Terence Keating bapt 5 March 1838 Dublin in the 1901 census?
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 24 October 20 08:44 BST (UK) »
Good find, chempat. I could understand Keating becoming Keegan :-) There weren't a lot of Terences about and the age is about right.
England:
Scotland: BENNIE, Glasgow; COOK, Renfrewshire; HENDERSON, Alloa/Dundee; HUNTER, Glasgow; KIRKWOOD, Alloa; LAMONT, Dalkeith; YOUNG, Glasgow

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 24 October 20 08:47 BST (UK) »
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=756024.0

oddly enough before it was a Workhouse it was - quote from Wiki
Newsham Park Hospital is a grade II listed building in Liverpool, Merseyside, England. It now lies derelict but was previously a hospital prior to which it was the Liverpool Seamen's Orphan Institution

I wonder with Terence being a seaman - he had a connection with the Seamans Orphan Institution ??  ie - did Terence and Mary / Margaret have children in that Orphanage ??
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Jang

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 24 October 20 09:21 BST (UK) »
Garstonite, that is interesting - the seaman's link fits.  Thanks for the link too. You've solved the Belmont Rd mystery for me - I couldn't work out why Margaret was listed at Belmont Rd.
England: