Author Topic: McDONALD, Donald (Daniel) tried Edinburgh 16 July 1829 - HOW TO ACCESS TRIAL REC  (Read 871 times)

Offline mead researcher

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: McDONALD, Donald (Daniel) tried Edinburgh 16 July 1829 - HOW TO ACCESS TRIAL REC
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 05 November 20 01:20 GMT (UK) »
A fervent :D to everyone who posted suggestions, advice, links to follow etc.

Since my last post I have connected with another descendant of our Donald aka Daniel McDonald and she had previously ordered the 1829 Trial Papers.

Which she has generously shared with me.

Included with them were the papers relating to the previous conviction for theft in 1827.

She had also paid a researcher to assist in breaking down her "brick wall" and his information was most helpful.

We now know Donald/Daniel's date and place of birth and parents - yes, John McDonald and Elizabeth nee Simpson - (PR)

We also have his declaration (signed on each dictated page) telling us his version of events and family details.

Missing from this plethora of information is a final summing up, verdict and sentence  :'(

Those details we do have but they have been taken from Convict and Shipping records.

The researcher also discounted the "other" Donald McDonald charged with culpable homicide.

Once again, many thanks to all who responded to my original request for help.

Barbara

Researching:
BEST, BRAME, KNIGHT, LEWIS, McSHEEHY, O'NEIL, SCHUETZE & WILKE

http://www.kirchneryoungtreeoflife.bndon.com
Researching:
BAGGALEY, BARTHOLOMEW, BOYD, CLIFTON, GALLAGHER, GEERTZ, HARBER, HARBOUR, KIRCHNER, McDONALD, MEAD, PETER, TAYLOR, YOUNG