Author Topic: Suggestions on where to next to find Elizabeth Radford  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Sue Greene

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions on where to next to find Elizabeth Radford
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 16 May 21 03:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Candice,
Thank you for getting back to me.
I have been helping Peter McDavitt who is also descended from Elizabeth and William. Do you know Peter?
I have been helping for 20 odd years now and we still haven't got any further on Elizabeth.
The Elizabeth on the 1841 census with the Catherine could be just a coincidence but I thought it was worth following.
I was hoping to find out more info. on Catherine. Perhaps she is an aunt.
Would like to email you personally so we can exchange ideas. Would you like to email at
Removed   we may have a few bits you don't and visa versa.
Cheers
Sue

Hi Sue,

I am also researching Elizabeth Radford, who is my 4th great grandmother.
I keep hitting dead ends with finding anything about Elizabeth before her marrying William Pote.

I'm not sure if you've seen the following newspaper article, so I just thought I'd mention it...
There is mention of Elizabeth in the Taranaki Herald in 1891 as a new settler arriving on the barque Blenheim. In this article, they mention Elizabeth as Mrs Pote instead of Elizabeth Payne, which gives another reason to believe that Elizabeth Payne on board the Blenheim is Elizabeth Radford.

In case you haven't seen this article, here is the link: https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/TH18910702.2.28#print

Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.