Author Topic: Rump Part 2  (Read 476 times)

Offline Daffern2020

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rump Part 2
« on: Monday 26 October 20 18:43 GMT (UK) »
Thank you to those in the previous post that helped me find Harriet Rebecca Rump's mother. But annoyingly I've now got stuck on the dad. He's the only one left in this level of my tree I can't find the parents to.

William Rump - estimated birth year, 1814 - Watton, Norfolk. Occupation: Gardener. Found in the 1851 and 1861 census. Not confident on the 1841 and 1871. I think I have his death in 1881.

But I'm despeatre for his birth/baptism. I've found a lot of William Rump's but none of them fit quite right. Mainly because their places in Norfolk aren't really in the same area, losts of Worsteads and Banninghams. Feels like I would just be guessing and hoping I've picked the right one at this point.

Please help me find something more concrete.

Thanks again.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Rump Part 2
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 October 20 18:54 GMT (UK) »
Could you just list his places of birth in the relevant censuses, please?

Does he claim Banningham in 1851 and Watton in 1861?

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 October 20 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Daffern -- also, an eldest son is often named after the father's father (but that's not cast in stone!). So are there any William Rump's born in the right area with a father whose name is the same as William's eldest son?

If so that particular William could be a contender.
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 26 October 20 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Daffern

I've just responded to yuor message suggesting a new thread, and you've beaten me to it

I mentioned to you a William Eldon Rump of Banningham. I can now see a few from the same time and a little later. At least one is having children in 1840 so probably isn't yours

Offline Daffern2020

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 26 October 20 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Daffern

I've just responded to your message suggesting a new thread, and you've beaten me to it

I mentioned to you a William Eldon Rump of Banningham. I can now see a few from the same time and a little later. At least one is having children in 1840 so probably isn't yours

Yes, sorry. I figured afterwards it made more sense to post to everyone. People have suggested William Elden Rump. But I also found a William Elden Rump was married to a Mary Ann Palmer in 1839. So I don't think it's him. Plus it is kind of odd the middle name hasn't appeared on the two concreate census's I have.

Offline Daffern2020

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 26 October 20 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Could you just list his places of birth in the relevant censuses, please?

Does he claim Banningham in 1851 and Watton in 1861?

I'm currently in the midst of trying to dephicer his birth in 1851 here: https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=839247.new;topicseen#new

Somone kindly posted a crisper version which makes it look like Boningham. Problem is there is no Boningham Norfolk. There is a Honingham, Norfolk but it dosen't look like the other H's on the page.

I'm cautious of Banningham because it's not that close to Watton. Which is close to where his wife was born and where his first two children were born and where they married in Wayland.

Offline Daffern2020

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 26 October 20 20:58 GMT (UK) »
Helloe everyone,

I had another post going trying to dechiper the birth place in the 1951 census. And Annette showed that there are actually three different William Elden Rumps. So I'm going to look into the other two she suggested.

Thanks everyone for your time on this.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=839247.new#new

Online hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 26 October 20 21:02 GMT (UK) »
Thank you to those in the previous post that helped me find Harriet Rebecca Rump's mother.
Save me searching - who is Harriet Rebecca Rump's mother?
from the GRO
a. Sep Qtr 1844, Wayland Union, vol 13 page 329 - mother's maiden name Blanchflour
b. Dec Qtr 1846, Wayland Union, vol 13 page 346 - mother's maiden name Ainger ( I think this shd be Ringer)

Or someone else entirely?

Offline Daffern2020

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 26 October 20 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Thank you to those in the previous post that helped me find Harriet Rebecca Rump's mother.
Save me searching - who is Harriet Rebecca Rump's mother?
from the GRO
a. Sep Qtr 1844, Wayland Union, vol 13 page 329 - mother's maiden name Blanchflour
b. Dec Qtr 1846, Wayland Union, vol 13 page 346 - mother's maiden name Ainger ( I think this shd be Ringer)

Or someone else entirely?

It was revealed that a Mary Ann Ainger married a William Blanchflower in 1833. Had one son a James Blanchflower. William Blanchflower then died in 1842. So then a Mary Ann Blanchflower married a William Rump in 1844. Her first son James Blanchflower then went to live with his mothers siblings in 1851.