Author Topic: Fouldes family  (Read 257 times)

Offline emjayf

• RootsChat Member
  • Photo is 2020 me. Got fed up with my old silly one
    • View Profile
Fouldes family
« on: Wednesday 28 October 20 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello all. I wonder if anyone would be good at guessing rough ages.

In my archives I found this group photo and my Grandad failed to mark who it was.

Looking at it, and other pictures from our archive, I can pretty much say that the adult looks like John Gibson Fouldes i.e. my Great-Great Grandfather (born 02/08/1861)

This would suggest that the rest are four of his five surving children. The girl must be his only surviving daughter Edith (born 1890). The boy between her and their Dad looks like James (the youngest child - born 1895. I attach an older image showing 2 photos of James for comparison). His oldest boy John Gibson (born 1884) had probably left home by this time, so the two boys probably are George (born 1891) and Frank (born 1893 - I attach older Frank as well). I have no identified photos of George at all so cannot double check.
I mean the two boys COULD be non-relatives but it seems unlikely.

My guess would be the picture order of: (L-R) George, Edith, James, John Gibson (Father) and Frank. But I am just guessing and would be glad of a second pair of eyes.

Thanks
MJ
Fouldes.<br />Any area where our family are.  My branch started around Derbyshire, Nott's and Yorkshire.  We ended up in South Lincolnshire!  So yay!  Course any area with Fouldes in would help!  See my family tree below for what gaps I have!  Cheers!

Would also like to see any Beaumont's from Sheffield as I have lots of family photos & can't identify them!!

Offline emjayf

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fouldes family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 October 20 12:31 GMT (UK) »
Also I have these two photos.

The same gentleman in both. No idea who he is. No markings whatsoever. He looks quite smart. A lot of my family were in Sheffield so maybe the photo of him in the street is on there? No idea of year either as nothing on the pics.

Cheers all
MJ
Fouldes.<br />Any area where our family are.  My branch started around Derbyshire, Nott's and Yorkshire.  We ended up in South Lincolnshire!  So yay!  Course any area with Fouldes in would help!  See my family tree below for what gaps I have!  Cheers!

Would also like to see any Beaumont's from Sheffield as I have lots of family photos & can't identify them!!

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 October 20 14:06 GMT (UK) »
The bottom two in your second post look to be the same man...1920s and 1940s for the last one.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline emjayf

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 October 20 15:29 GMT (UK) »
The bottom two in your second post look to be the same man...1920s and 1940s for the last one.
Carol

Yes there is something a bit 20s about her style. I love how, in the second pic, he is having a crafty fag! I guessed he was the same in both. I do wonder who he was. I wondered if he was probably my relation "George Fouldes" married to Leah. I was trying to see if he looked like one of the unknown kids in my previous pic but it's hard to tell.

Thanks for the help.
MJ

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 28 October 20 15:38 GMT (UK) »
The top photo looks to be Edwardian so I wouldn't expect to see him in the group photo as the dates wouldn't fit but there is a resemblance to the boy on the right, similar ears and hairline.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU