Author Topic: New ITV Documentary - Does your family tree connect back to British royalty?  (Read 6957 times)

Offline markw78

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: New ITV Documentary - Does your family tree connect back to British royalty?
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 16 March 21 13:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello..
I found a connection last year and traced it back through 20th generations very big tree so cant post... the main one being my wife's 13th Great Grandmother Isabel Campbell of Loudon born 1568.. great granddaughter of James IV... via Lady Margaret Stewart, Lady Gordon his daughter by Margaret Drummond of Stobshall..

Mostly through Family Search Tree I made...  then mostly historical sites..and www.clanmacfarlanegenealogy.info  but hard to prove as its only a tentative link via her 9th Great Grandparents Elizabeth Wallace 1689-1738 and William Wallace 1677-1721 Married Marriage on  26th September 1709 Glasgow, Lanarkshire Parish 644/1 Ref 240 145.. 

My wife doesn't believe me though but Daughter did get of kick out of being possibly related to Mary Queen of Scots.. ..

Regards

Offline markw78

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: New ITV Documentary - Does your family tree connect back to British royalty?
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 16 March 21 13:48 GMT (UK) »
Bigger tree.. screen capture..
Previous one at bottom left..
Regards
Mark W

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 16 March 21 14:20 GMT (UK) »
From an earlier reply:

In 1911, the Marquis of Ruvigny estimated from documented family trees that Edward’s living descendants numbered around 80,000 to 100,000. The number today, after four more generations of children, would be much greater.

and

I've seen estimates that put the number of Edward III's living descendants at around 4-5million, and some have suggested that virtually everyone (99%+) of predominantly English ancestry is descended from him in some way....

http://community.dur.ac.uk/a.r.millard/genealogy/EdwardIIIDescent.php

Take it back to earlier kings, e.g. William I, and the probability is even higher.

...have to say it isn't something that interests me as a genealogist.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday 16 March 21 15:15 GMT (UK) »
And who was Edward IIIs faither? they were as inbred as chinchilla rabbits! ;D

Skoosh.

Online dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday 16 March 21 15:19 GMT (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday 16 March 21 15:38 GMT (UK) »
England's greatest king hid inside a collapsed tent at the Battle of Stanhope Park when the Scots over-ran their camp, only a canvas sheet saved all this multiplicity of descendants from ever being born! ;D

Skoosh.

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday 16 March 21 17:02 GMT (UK) »
A shame some people here seem to have an agenda.  These folks existed whether you like it or not, and some people are interested in tracing their connections.  I don't see the point of posting in this thread if you aren't, just to sneer.

Personally I am interested in anyone connected to my family, whether they be the idle rich (many of whom probably worked quite hard in running their estates) or the so-called hard-working poor (some of whom were certainly shiftless and a fair few criminal).
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Online coombs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Research the dead....forget the living.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 20 March 21 14:44 GMT (UK) »
Madonna is apparently distantly descended from nobility through her French ancestors on her mothers side. I think they connect to Danny Dyer's ancestry, thus making them distant cousins. "Cousin Dont Preach" Madonna should sing to Danny.
Researching:

LONDON, Coombs, Roberts, Auber, Helsdon, Fradine, Morin, Goodacre
DORSET Coombs, Munday
NORFOLK Helsdon, Riches, Harbord, Budery
KENT Roberts, Goodacre
SUSSEX Walder, Boniface, Dinnage, Standen, Lee, Botten, Wickham, Jupp
SUFFOLK Titshall, Frost, Fairweather, Mayhew, Archer, Eade, Scarfe
DURHAM Stewart, Musgrave, Wilson, Forster
SCOTLAND Stewart in Selkirk
USA Musgrave, Saix
ESSEX Cornwell, Stock, Quilter, Lawrence, Whale, Clift
OXON Edgington, Smith, Inkpen, Snell, Batten, Brain