Author Topic: Rees of Pontyberem (Hillside) Family Bible  (Read 3337 times)

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rees of Pontyberem (Hillside) Family Bible
« on: Wednesday 28 October 20 22:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I am revisiting this search in the hope that this time I might have some success.

I am enquiring whether anyone has come across the family bible of the Rees family of Hillside Pontyberem, Nr. Llanelli, South Wales. Family members it is likely to mention are my great grandfather Walter Rees born 19 Jun 1871, New Inn, Pontyates, who married Margaret Thomas on 25 Dec 1892 and their children Winifred, Albert Edwin, Sarah Elizabeth, Hannah Edith and William John Edmund. It’s last definite sighting was when it was posted to Edith Dale (nee Rees) and her husband Cyril Dale in 1985 in Jersey, coincidentally of Hillside, Wellington Road, St. Saviour. It may have possibly been passed onto their son Walter Dale and therefore may have ended up in Sutton Coldfield  or Solihull. Other family surnames that could mentioned in the bible are e.g. Stone, Hannah Stone (Caraway Farm, Llangendeirne) and Edmund, Sarah Edmund (Caerbygin Farm, Five Roads).

I had some valuable initial help on the whereabouts of the Dales in Jersey and promise of further possible help from family linked to the Dales, but these came to nothing, but I thought it was worth trying one final time.

Thank you