Author Topic: Diary > Wednesday 28th October  (Read 511 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Diary > Wednesday 28th October
« on: Wednesday 28 October 20 23:33 GMT (UK) »
Woke up quite early this morning, just as well I did seeing as I had the first of four nuisance calls on the landline at 8.45. Got up, threw on some clothes and went to put the recycling bins out. I don't want to put them out the previous evening as there have been reports of teenagers taking them and setting fire to them. That's only going to get worse as it comes up to what is euphemistically known as Mischief Night. That's actually become more like vandalism night.

Was getting ready to go for my walk, I really needed a change. Had checked the tide times a few days ago, not ideal for me to walk on the beach. Checked again, it was between high and low tides, there should still be plenty of beach so decided to go. Took my gloves and woolly hat, I was glad I did, the wind was chilly. I was surprised at how many couples and groups of people were walking there, I'd forgotten it was half term. There were very few children though but I suppose there may have been people who work in schools. And of course as we're in Tier 2 it's the only way for friends to meet. It's never crowded but last year at this time the number of people I would have seen would probably be in single figures. It was cloudy but dry, the walk was bracing.

After lunch I thought I'd do a bit of tidying up in the garden. That didn't last long, it was cold and I hadn't been out there long before it started raining. The forecast is much warmer at the weekend but some rain then too. Not sure when I'll get anything done, I checked when the last garden waste collection is, it's not till the end of November so I have a while yet.

Did some cleaning upstairs, updated my Tesco order again and looked for a new filter for my vacuum cleaner. What a palaver, after reading the review for one where someone said it didn't fit I measured the existing one and had to check on all the product details to find the right one. They were all ones where I had to spend twenty quid to get free delivery, ordered some art materials.

Fish for tea, watched Portrait Artist, was pleased with the result this week. I thought the artist in the hat painted both herself and the sitter like an illustration of a romantic heroine.

The weather isn't looking promising for my walk with my friend tomorrow, hope they've got it wrong.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Wednesday 28th October
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 October 20 08:39 GMT (UK) »
Roobarb - good to have a different walk even if a little more crowded than usual... I’m sure people are taking the opportunity when only allowed to meet outside...
Will. Keep fingers crossed for your walk today...

Too tired yesterday to post last night... both OH and I felt quite lack lustre... slight reaction to flu jab I think....

Had an up and down nights sleep, everytime I turned over I woke up .... don’t remember feeling like this last year, in fact I think I drove to London to stay with my daughter and we had a day out at the Country Living Christmas Fair.... my that seems like a life time ago .... We’d said we’d have a day out just the two of us every year.... not this year sadly...😢.
It was reasonably sunny and breezy so washing on the line...
After breakfast I did some paperwork.....
Ironing next to get done....
Started pressing some of the face coverings too... always takes a while but I listen to the radio...
OH brought washing in as it was spitting with rain.... good job as five minutes later it threw it down and continued on and off like that for the rest of the day... had to put the lights on too it was so dull...
After lunch returned to pressing and then started to sew them up...
I was Listening to the radio and it was quite uplifting to hear from several people who because of either loosing their jobs or furloughed  they’d all started their own business’s... ranging from making clothes ( theatre costume designer) designing embroidery kits to sell ( office worker lost her job)  and pottery kits that didn’t need a kiln to fire the items... he was making very good money... £200.000 in October... there are always those who thrive in adversity and it was heartening to hear.... made me think what I could do.... don’t be daft you’re retired! Ah well....
Dinner was meatballs in pesto sauce with rice and veg...
Watched tv a film on Netflix... Mandela... it was very good with Idris Elba playing the part and Naomie Harris as Winny....
To bed for a good sleep...
A pretty dreary day.... only bright spot was daughter sent us pictures of the boys dressed in their skeleton costumes and she’s painted their faces... eldest had claw marks over his eyes.. he didn’t like looking at himself in the mirror though as it scared him! He’s a big softy bless him! Youngest one not bothered at all! They were going to the school holiday club for the day Halloween party!

Hope others have mad better weather and a better day...

Caroline

Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Wednesday 28th October
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 October 20 12:56 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to hear you've been suffering from the jab Caroline, hope you're feeling better today. I'm amazed that you still managed to do so much sewing and ironing too.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales