Author Topic: What became of Nancy NEWINGTON  (Read 794 times)

Offline Kloumann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Online hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: What became of Nancy NEWINGTON
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 01 November 20 09:41 GMT (UK) »
It will be in this archive, I think

https://www.archives-manche.fr/arkotheque/visionneuse/visionneuse.php?arko=YTo1OntzOjEwOiJ0eXBlX2ZvbmRzIjtzOjExOiJmYWNldHRlc19lcyI7czo0OiJyZWYxIjtpOjI7czo0OiJyZWYyIjtzOjU6IjJfODA5IjtzOjQ6InJlZjMiO3M6MjoiMTQiO3M6OToic29ydEFycmF5IjthOjM6e2k6MDtzOjk6IkF2cmFuY2hlcyI7aToxO3M6NDoiMTg0MCI7aToyO3M6MjA6ImFkNTBfZXRhdGNpdmlsIzJfODA5Ijt9fQ%3D%3D&altoInput=#uielem_move=0%2C0&uielem_rotate=F&uielem_islocked=0&uielem_zoom=69
or
https://www.archives-manche.fr/e/ad50_etatcivil?from=825&size=25

None of it is transcribed & all in French, often very poor writing.

I spent weeks trawling through similar documents to compile a French friends family tree.

Kloumann's found the appropriate register with the 1st URL - the Delaporte entry is on page 162. (Just replace 1 with 162 in the field bottom right of screen. - will take you there automatically.)
I couldn't see a further birth 1837-1852 at Avranches and today I was going to check out  Departement - d'Illes-et-Vilaine and commune - Rennes (where young Alexandre died)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 01 November 20 11:10 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Westy I cant confirm those 2 arrivals are  your Alexander. Images are on Anc but no other info except name/pob.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Online hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 01 November 20 13:29 GMT (UK) »
There's a birth registration in the d'Illes-et-Vilaine Departement - Commune Rennes for a Charles Henry Delaporte, parents Alexandre Hippolyte Delaporte and Nancy Newington, registered 22 Sep 1843. It's not so easy to read as the Avranche entry and yet to translate fully.

It's page 177 on the 1843 register of births (Archive de Rennes).

I did a pass through the 10 year table 1843-1852 (this is an index to the registers) and this was the only one I picked up. But I'm listening to the footie on the wireless at the same time so will need to repeat the exercise (something about multi tasking?) in case anything overlooked.

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 01 November 20 14:04 GMT (UK) »
And once again I thank you Kloumann, hanes teulu & trish,

I will close the post as I don't have the skills to continue looking for issue of the couple and what became of the couple.

Last night I located a tree on Anc owned by someone in US and have sent a post so perhaps I will get a reply.  This post has Alexander dying in White Chapel.

Nonetheless I appreciate your many contributions to folk like me. Its time like these I wish I had paid attention in French class ;D

Westy