Author Topic: Look up request - Old families of Carrickfergus and Ballynure...  (Read 527 times)

Offline tonythurston

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Look up request - Old families of Carrickfergus and Ballynure...
« on: Friday 30 October 20 08:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am still stuck trying to find details about John Anderson and Ellen Lockhart and it has been suggested I request a look up of the following book please - "Old families of Carrickfergus and Ballynure, Gravestone Inscriptions, Wills and Biographical notes"

John Anderson married Ellen Lockhart (abt 1844)(1923-1900) in Carrickfergus (unproven) and lived in Belfast (proven). They raised a family including Agnes Kennedy Richardson (Nee Anderson)(1866-1945), William John Anderson (1845-1881), Samuel H Anderson (1851-1917) and David Anderson (1858-1936). From Agnes's baptism in Carrickfergus her parents are John Anderson and Ellen Lockhart - https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1866/03533/2300407.pdf

Happy to buy the book from the UHF if it appears useful

Many thanks

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Look up request - Old families of Carrickfergus and Ballynure...
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 October 20 08:38 GMT (UK) »
For reference here's the earlier topic-
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=821376.0
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Gilby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 01 November 20 11:22 GMT (UK) »
I don’t see any Lockhart graves in Ballynure or Kilroot.  Here are some transcriptions from Carrickfergus (St. Nicholas’):

Here lieth the body of Forbes Anderson who departed this life the 31st day of May 1817 aged 42 years  He was an affectionate husband, a tender parent and a sincere friend  Also Robert his son aged 1 year.

[Erected by] Agnes [Anderson] in memory of her beloved husband Captain Samuel Anderson who departed this life on the 27th Feb 1854 aged 63 years  Also the above named Agnes who died Aug 1860 aged 53 years and their son Robert aged 18 years who was lost at sea  Also their daughter Mary who died June 1869 aged 18 years

Erected by Jam[es] [And]erson in memory of [his bel]oved wife    y   ,who departed [this life] 17th March 1868, aged   years  Also their randdaughter Eliza Jane McKEEN who departed this life 23 March 1871 age[d   ] years  Also their grandson James McKeen who died March 29th 1871 aged 15 months and their granddaughter McKeen who died 6th April [18]71 aged 3 years, Esther McKeen who died 26th February 1891, Thomas McKeen who died 18th July 1909.

In memory of Jane Eccleston Anderson, died 1877  Also child Henry William 1866  Whose husband William Anderson 1891, with Louisa, 1897 and John, 1904 had burial at Belfast  'Thanks be to God'.

[Slate set in concrete surround.]  Sacred to the memory of Robert Lockhart who ded 10th Sept. 1834 aged 73 years.  [Robert Lockhart, labourer or farmer, of the Middle Division, was made a freeman in 1787.]

The burying-ground of Robert Lockhart In loving memory of William MALONE who died 7th May 1957  Also his dear wife Anna who died 4th January 1977  Redeemed.

I have a copy of the book, but for ease I just copied the transcriptions from Rootsireland.ie where they’re also available (as well as Ancestry Ireland).

Offline tonythurston

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 01 November 20 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Gilby

Ill take a detailed look shortly

Much appreciated