Author Topic: Ryan family tree  (Read 1413 times)

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ryan family tree
« on: Saturday 31 October 20 15:27 GMT (UK) »
I recently got a lead from my DNA map that I have family origins in Tipperary. Having searched every available parish register in the area, I found only one match; Patrick Ryan (gt-grandfather ?) bapt.1/3/1847 in Borrisoleigh, parents; William Ryan and Bridget Ready. From that I found William and Bridget's marriage; 4/11/1841 and siblings; Mary bapt.11/11/1842, James bapt.5/12/1844, William bapt.11/3/1849, Michael bapt,28/5/1850 and Ellen bapt,6/3/1854. Continued searching till 1860 but no more entries. At some point Patrick ended up in England, I suspect 1854 or just after and maybe appears in the 1861 census or later. I no longer have a subscription, could anyone find them please ?
RYAN-Atkinson-Mallison-elsworth-Widdowson-Davis-Threapleton-Bolderson-Sagar.. IRELAND-Bradford-Bingley-Fewston-Barnsley-Ecclesfield-Doncaster-Wakefield-Kendal

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan family tree
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 31 October 20 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Who did Patrick marry please and where?  Presumably one of his children was your possible grandfather?
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 31 October 20 16:39 GMT (UK) »
At some point Patrick ended up in England, I suspect 1854 or just after and maybe appears in the 1861 census or later. I no longer have a subscription, could anyone find them please ?

Census entries are available free of charge on familysearch, you just need to register
https://www.familysearch.org/search/
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 31 October 20 17:27 GMT (UK) »
Milliepede, Patrick was a widower when he married Mary Davis in 26/12/1891 and granddad was born 1/4/1893, both in Bradford, Yorkshire. rosie99, I tried LDS but didn't find it useful but I'll have another look.
RYAN-Atkinson-Mallison-elsworth-Widdowson-Davis-Threapleton-Bolderson-Sagar.. IRELAND-Bradford-Bingley-Fewston-Barnsley-Ecclesfield-Doncaster-Wakefield-Kendal

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 31 October 20 17:34 GMT (UK) »
Do you have him on any census
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 31 October 20 17:59 GMT (UK) »
rosie99, Haven't found Patrick on any census, I've been searching and following leads for 25 years and my father before me. The DNA has given me new information but I still can't find a link between the family above to the definite facts I've known from the start. I picked up Patrick with his 2nd marriage in 1891 and lost him again 3 years later and my granddad had been abandoned. Mary Davis turned up back in her home town Kendal and later re-married as a spinster. I have distant cousins in New York, Alabama and New South Wales. Maybe Patrick was a bigamist and Mary, 18 years his junior, found out, making the marriage void and Patrick left the country.

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 31 October 20 21:55 GMT (UK) »
Well a family tree has (I think) the same person but parents as William Ryan & Sophie Hinds.

That Patrick marries Mary Davis 1891 then another marriage for Mary to John William Borwick in 1895 so only 4 years later  :-\
On the face of that she is the bigamist not Patrick. 

Have you found your grandfather - name? - on a census and who is he living with?
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 31 October 20 23:12 GMT (UK) »
From a published tree which shows the marriage of Patrick and Mary Davis, Patrick is a Tailor and was living at 28 King Charles Street Bradford.

1891 3625/163
20 King Charles Street Bradford
Patrick Ryan lodger Tailor
Maggie 15yrs b Manchester
Alice 14 yrs b Manchester

Going back through censuses
1881 3998/103/9
Living in Manchester
Patrick 55 yrs  :-\
Ann
With children John, Margaret and Alice

Lancashire BMD http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/marriagesearch.php
1857 marriage Patrick Ryan and Ann Rossitur

Lancashire Online Parish Clerks has several children baptised to Patrick and Ann Rossiter (varied spellings)  https://www.lan-opc.org.uk/
Amongst the various Godparents there is a William Ryan who married Adelaide Frewen in 1859.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 31 October 20 23:27 GMT (UK) »
Milliepede, I had Sophie Hinds a few years ago but discounted her after further research. I also have John Borwick on my tree and their marriage certificate. Something went very wrong just after my granddads birth in 1893. I need to connect the Borrisoleigh family to what I know about my Gt-grandfather, fill in the years between 1854 and 1891 and then I'll have a better idea of what happened to the family and who Patricks 1st wife was. Once I have that I can go back from 1841 and hopefully connect with my DNA cousins trees and discover where Patrick went c.1894/5