Author Topic: Ryan family tree  (Read 1408 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan family tree
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 01 November 20 12:43 GMT (UK) »
and 268 captain Street where Granddad was born, 3 years later. .

Are you sure about that house number  :-\
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 01 November 20 12:49 GMT (UK) »
I understand - it can very be difficult, especially with the names William and Patrick occurring in those Manchester records.
I assume you mean that the 1916 death is the Tullamore family and not yours via the Bradford connection.

I know the 1906 death may be too old but Patrick might have altered his age on marriage as Mary Davis was so much younger.
Additionally, she married, I think you said, in 1895.

With regard to the Borrisoleigh family, do you definitely have the DNA connection there?  Have you gone forward with that family?

I apologise re the questions etc. I am sure you have been through this over the years. I am just trying to help.  :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 01 November 20 14:52 GMT (UK) »
heywood, I don't have a direct DNA link with the Borrisoleigh family, that's what I'm trying to establish or rule out, as per my original post. My DNA profile puts me slap in the middle of Tipperary and this is the only family in all the Tipperary registers that match my search. I've been in contact with distant cousins in America and Australia who have pin pointed their ancestor's to Thurles, 8.5 miles from Borrisoleigh and also Limerick.
RYAN-Atkinson-Mallison-elsworth-Widdowson-Davis-Threapleton-Bolderson-Sagar.. IRELAND-Bradford-Bingley-Fewston-Barnsley-Ecclesfield-Doncaster-Wakefield-Kendal

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 01 November 20 14:55 GMT (UK) »
Rosie99, 268 captain Street is the address given on the birth certificate in 1893
RYAN-Atkinson-Mallison-elsworth-Widdowson-Davis-Threapleton-Bolderson-Sagar.. IRELAND-Bradford-Bingley-Fewston-Barnsley-Ecclesfield-Doncaster-Wakefield-Kendal

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 01 November 20 15:15 GMT (UK) »
1891 /1901 /1911  census do not have numbers in Captain Street over '100'  :-\
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 01 November 20 18:30 GMT (UK) »
Sorry rosie99, my mistake, not looked at the birth cert for a few years, It's 268 Ripon Street, which used to be in the area of what is now Pollard Park

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 01 November 20 20:10 GMT (UK) »
It is worth bearing in mind that ages on records are not always correct.
Patrick in 1891 on King Charles Street is, I think, the only one who was a Tailor in that area.
Have you found others?

One last thought, are you basing Patrick’s year of birth on the age he gives at marriage?
I know you have found the baptism but you haven’t got any other record in England, have you?
On his marriage, he was quite a bit older than Mary Davis so he could quite easily have amended his age to make it  closer to hers.

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 01 November 20 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Thank you everybody for your help and suggestions but I've found and researched every one of them and others in the past 25 years, most, I've disregarded, one or two are not conclusive. The family from Borrisoleigh fit the profile exactly, they didn't cease to exist after 1854, they moved out of the area, where ? I don't know but I'll keep looking until I do.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 02 November 20 07:42 GMT (UK) »
Best wishes with your continued search. Perhaps DNA matches will clarify the situation in the near future.