Author Topic: Birth Information Henry BACKLER (b 1859 (ish) d 1930)  (Read 1291 times)

Offline fergusonsfolly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Information William BACKLER (b 1859 (ish) d 1930)
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 01 November 20 16:02 GMT (UK) »
Annette7.
Interesting !

Information I have is that  William Henry Backler, was born 19th February 1844 then baptised in the parish of St. Philip, Birmingham on 25th March 1844.  His father was an Officer of Police living at Inge Street, Birmingham.

William Henry died at the age of 35 on 30th December 1879 in the police station at Ladywood Road, Birmingham. No record found as yet of his partner (the mother of William b 1859) or of a marriage.   At the time, William Henry and his father William both lived in Ladywood Road, Birmingham, probably at the same address, which was the police station.
The only link that I have between William b1959 and William Henry b1844 is the marriage certificate of William to Ann Maria Smith in 1888 at Walsall. Both William b1859 and his father William Henry b1844 are shown as bakers on the marriage certificate.

Online Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Information Henry BACKLER (b 1859 (ish) d 1930)
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 01 November 20 16:33 GMT (UK) »
William Henry born 1844, son of the  policeman, was a Post Office Clerk. He probably never married as he died intestate and  administration was granted to his father Next of Kin.
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Information William BACKLER (b 1859 (ish) d 1930)
« Reply #20 on: Monday 02 November 20 00:15 GMT (UK) »
The only link that I have between William b1959 and William Henry b1844 is the marriage certificate of William to Ann Maria Smith in 1888 at Walsall. Both William b1859 and his father William Henry b1844 are shown as bakers on the marriage certificate.

If the marriage cert is your source of information then I cannot understand why you would think that this William Henry born 1844 would be the father of the William born sometime in the 1850s.  He is not a baker, not living anywhere near Bristol and is not old enough.

Debra  :)