Author Topic: Chilling Murder Repeats Itself 157 Years Apart - tale of strange coincidence  (Read 3687 times)

Offline danieloftyne

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Chilling Murder Repeats Itself 157 Years Apart - tale of strange coincidence
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 16 March 21 22:21 GMT (UK) »
Greetings rtl hope you are well I didn't know you liked the war history in walker cemetery there is a cwgc grave of 2 guys from the Serbian army ww1 I found it really unusual poor people left Serbia never to return
Walton, Jones, Parker, Tipping,Nicholson, morrow,young,arrowsmith,Elliott, Anderson, ring rose, scrimshaw,hogarth,stewart

Offline greyingrey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Chilling Murder Repeats Itself 157 Years Apart - tale of strange coincidence
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 13 April 21 16:18 BST (UK) »
its not exactly a family tree coincidence....almost the opposite.

when my husband was single, he lived in a. city where there was only one other person person with his. surname in the phone book....one evening. an elderly American phoned him and said he was visiting England and was looking up his friend with the unusual surname as promised.

my husband tried to explain that he'd got the wrong person, but the American was somewhat deaf and became quite angry, luckily. shouting at the end...well, if you change my mind, im staying at. the....hotel

my husband. phoned the. other person. with his name and it turned out he'd been on nato exercised with the. American....but, more. than that, this mans grandfather. and my husbands. great grandfather had worked together in the same tiny village at the other  end of the. country and. the. man himself had also worked with my husbands maternal uncle in another city...but, as far as we know, he wasn't related to my husbands family.

by the way, the. surname isn't that unusual...Idv have thought it was reasonably common in every city,  whether in Britain. or the use

Offline celtickids

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 12 April 23 16:38 BST (UK) »
Hi. History repeats itself, for sure, and impacts future generations and psychogenealogy includes scientific explanations eg involving DNA to support. There are even therapies based on this premise, such as transgenerational therapy.

This is right up my street at the moment. I started my family tree research due to an intuition about certain family events and have discovered some similarities between generations (that I can't detail for confidentiality reasons). A Rootschat member (thanks again Ladyhawk) helped me discover a newspaper article involving a potential relative and I have a hunch that there was an element of dispute/fraud involved even though it isn't mentioned.

Certain theories talk of ancestral karma and that one person in the family is designated, even unbeknown to them, as being the one to discover the secrets and clear up the wounds. Again I have the feeling that this has fallen on me! So, if anyone knows anything more on this unusual story about Alfred Cavanagh (aka Alfred Hardy Milton and maybe Alfred Wright) would appreciate any help to break unhealthy cycles. To sum up, a divorced man was found dead in 1936 through starvation but had £7k of assets that went to his ex-wife as he died intestate.

Link to original post https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=871656.27

Offline Mvann

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 12 April 23 17:11 BST (UK) »
A partial family tree coincidence. I was chatting to someone in the chat room, looking up bits as we went. It turns out that her grandad had lived with my 2 gt grandmas stepdad and her grandads aunts had my 3 gt grandmas niece stop with them on one census. It also turned out that one of the aunts married into a family that a distant relative of mine also married into. We haven't found anything that directly connects us yet tho

Offline purlin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 13 April 23 10:20 BST (UK) »
RTL thank you, compulsive reading.
Crosbie, Crosby, Black, Woods, Johnstone, Kelly, Howatt, McMillan, Wauchope Scott, Smith, Gibbons, Roberts, Hildred, Jones, Hughes. Curran, Palmer. Hughes, Jones, Wilcox, wilbraham, owen
Liverpool, Dumfriesshire, Kirkudbrightshire, Cheshire, Flintshire, llanrwst, trefriw, Lincolnshire, America, Canada, New Zealand.

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 14 April 23 00:23 BST (UK) »
Best coincidence ever

The long lost toddler nephew whose aunt looked after him while his mother was in RAF
Mother came back for him then disappeared sending Christmas cards but no return address

Just happens to be my friend who wanted to find out about his African grandfather.!

Growing up as an only child not knowing any family members  discovers not only that he has aunt's and cousins but was missed and wanted  and has been in their thoughts for 40 years .

Even the younger generations know about him

One of his aunt's was fostered out after the mother had 3 children die as toddlers
The descendants if that lady has also learnt their missing links

+ Another great grandchild told me she was in tears knowing she could find out about her origins .

Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson