Author Topic: Diary > Tuesday 3rd November  (Read 752 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Diary > Tuesday 3rd November
« on: Wednesday 04 November 20 09:09 GMT (UK) »
I’m surprised not to see an entry for Tuesday.... everyone too busy either getting ready for the next months lockdown... or is it ....as there seems to be more options every day now to go out.... order your drink from the pub pay for it and go and collect but not step over the doorstep...... who ever thought that one up...
Or maybe you’re all glued to the tv/radio listening to find out whose going to be the next US President!.....🤣🤣

My day
started off with it raining.... thought it was going to be dry... lovely to feel the house warm as i went downstairs...
Left out all bread making items and the instructions for the electric radiator we have in the kitchen ... two jobs for OH whilst I’m out...
After breakfast got ready to join my friends/ neighbours for our last Tuesday coffee morning for a month 😢by the time I was ready to go it had stopped raining and the sun was out.... a nip to the air but it felt pleasant...
There were all four of us this morning making the most of our time to chat... lovely cake and homemade biscuits too...
it was gone 1.30 when I walked back home down the lane...as I opened the front door I could smell the bread cooking.... lovely....
Sat and chatted for a while then we had lunch... crusty delicious bread with chees, pickles, celery and apple...
Needed to get the last of the face coverings done so went up to my room to do that ....
Dinner was chicken curry with jacket potato and broccoli...
Watched WDYTYA with Liz Carr... the usual WWI ancestor and some Irish history which was interesting...
Finished knitting another little blanket and put some embroidery on it in wool just to finish it off...
Tired last night as had woken quite early...

Hope others are enjoying last days before lockdown....

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Tuesday 3rd November
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 November 20 09:49 GMT (UK) »
None of the above Caroline, was just absolutely exhausted last night and slept late today.
Pleased to hear you enjoyed your last coffee morning, hope it's only the month before you can have the next one. Haven't read the news yet this morning.

My diary :

Another unremarkable day, that's going to be par for the course for some time yet. Lovely sunny morning though. Woke early despite having gone to sleep later.

Usual walk, squelching around the field, not too bad in the woods. Caught up with some chores, had lunch then took the opportunity to do some gardening. It was quite chilly but was okay wearing a bodywarmer.
Trimmed the large hardy fuchsia in the front garden, it was getting a bit out of hand. Then cut the bits of NN's shrubs that were already hanging over my drive and touching my car, one false move and I would have ended up with a lot of scratches. I told her in the summer that that's what would happen, she said she'd planted them six inches from my drive. The silly woman hadn't worked it out that they grow from both sides.
Was intending to plant some tulips in the large pot I'd taken the cosmos out of. I emptied it then got sidetracked by digging out a Shaster Daisy, splitting it and replanting both pieces. It was quite hard to split, by the time I'd finished that, tidying up some other plants and planting the tulips I felt quite exhausted. Came indoors, changed my jeans and slumped on the sofa with a cup of tea.

Felt too tired to cook anything so took some curry out of the freezer. Thank goodness I'd prepared a few things that I can just stick in the microwave.

Phoned my friend in Devon, life won't be very much different for her as she'll still be able to see her family, she just won't be able to go out for lunch with her dil. Can't wait for when we can go on holiday together again.

Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 November 20 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Morning Ladies.... I almost started a couple hours ago, but thought the admin peeps would bar me if I duplicated yet again, so I didn't.
Wasn't much to say anyway.
Well done for all that sewing and gardening.

BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 04 November 20 12:15 GMT (UK) »
 ;D I think Caroline and I would have been barred long ago  ;D ;D

Hope you're enjoying the sunny day.  :)
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 04 November 20 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Woke up late and honestly can't remember what the weather was!   

Since my niece has requested items for the babies in premature size have been using some oddments of wool rather than start on a 100g ball.   In 4 ply I started a new pattern and did first one in a pale mauve.   Not enough to do another in same colour so did the next one in white.   Prayed there was enough to complete but ran out 3 rows from the end (a picot edging going all round garment - a bolero style).   Had some white 3 ply and eventually used that to complete.  Stitching the picot in place the 3 ply part is inside the garment and thankfully not noticeable.   Phew!  Finished this just before bed.

Usual kind of day and had an 'All Day Breakfast' for my evening meal followed by tiramisu.

Realised I've missed WDYTYA again - will have to watch on catch-up.

Managed to set up Whatsapp on my new phone so that's one job done.   Apparently I'd saved all my contacts in old phone to 'phone' and not Sim so have got to enter all my contacts again into new phone.   Next job I think.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 04 November 20 19:39 GMT (UK) »
Not much happening here either. Windy and humid. Warmer temperatures but rain coming in next day or so. Shopping again today. It's nice to be able to walk around the different shops. Not many people using our covid apt, even got a few looks as I scanned into different shops.
Hope you are all preparing for your impending lockdown. I saw on last nights news that December 2nd is in pencil at the moment so I guess at this stage nothing firm for your exit. Hoping your number's of new cases drop so that December 2nd is your last day.
We are now being told that if we want Christmas at level 1 we have to use our tracing apt. The usage of the apt is dropping as people become complacent.
2 community cases and the rest at the border. 73 active cases altogether. We had a charter flight of fisherman come into isolation In Christchurch and over a week 27 tested positive for covid. 2 workers now have covid due to working at the same hotel. We will wait and see if more cases arise but hoping not.
Stay safe Stay strong
Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 04 November 20 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Well done on setting up WhatsApp Annette.

Carol, hope your levels of infection stay low, dealing with complacency must be a challenge for the authorities there.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 04 November 20 21:11 GMT (UK) »
Our hotels are filling up quickly as ex-pats try to get home for Xmas. You now need to prebook for isolation. You will get a voucher then you can book your flight. No voucher, no-fly. The biggest problem is getting a flight to match your isolation time. Most hotels are now booked out till after Xmas. The no voucher no-fly came into effect this week so a lot of people caught unaware. Although it has been on our website for a while. Can not remember what day it was but 4 people arrived at the airport with no voucher so had to be turned away. What happened to them I do not know.
Complacency is our biggest problem. People are expecting the government to keep them safe but sometimes you have to help yourself.
Stay safe Stay Strong
Carol
Edit 21.19 The 4 travellers were stopped from boarding their plane as they did not have a voucher.
P.S Roobarb I am very pleased to hear NN has gone. Hopefully for the duration plus an extra week or 2.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 04 November 20 22:58 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Carol, I wish she'd done that in the summer but you can't have everything. Maybe an extra week or three?  ;D
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham