Author Topic: Drew family from Hull and Manchester  (Read 299 times)

Offline kimmywheeze

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Drew family from Hull and Manchester
« on: Wednesday 04 November 20 21:13 GMT (UK) »
DREW family from Hull.
My 3rd great grandmother Catherine Ann Drew, (married name Berry,)was baptised at Holy Trinity Church in Hull on 11 Jan 1813, her parents being John and Ann Drew. In 1832 she married my 3rd great grandfather in Manchester, where they lived out the rest of their lives. ,
I have found a John and Ann Drew who were married in Manchester in Feb 1809, where John was listed as a soldier and who had a son James in December 1809. There are several John Drews born around the Hull area around 1785 which would fit in with the dates.
I'm hoping that someone may have either Catherine or her father John Drew in their trees or throw any light on military movement from Hull to Manchester in the early 1800s.

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Drew family from Hull and Manchester
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 November 20 17:32 GMT (UK) »
The baptism of Catherine Drew (no middle name) has her fathers occupation as Private in 65th regt of foot.  When she married Joe Berry in Manchester in 1832 she still did not have a middle name noted.

Have you tried locating Johns service information
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kimmywheeze

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Drew family from Hull and Manchester
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 November 20 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for that info. The only baptismal record that I had located via Ancestry, showed only her father's and mother's names but I can now look at his service record.
many thanks.