Author Topic: Micheal Hannan Royal artillery Cork Barracks  (Read 407 times)

Offline Kellehers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Micheal Hannan Royal artillery Cork Barracks
« on: Thursday 05 November 20 11:00 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone

I need some help please as I just cannot find any records on Micheal Hannan  who was  in the Royal Artillery He was born around 1855  I have no idea where he was born, he Married Mary Nicholson on the 20th July in the church of St Patrick, a Sgt George Hammond was a witness at the wedding , they had a daughter in 1883 Mary Ellen and a dress is listed as Cork Barracks, in 1890 a son John Matthew and the birthplace was listed as Spike Island, another daughter followed in 1893 again the birth was at Spike Island, however in 1896 Mary died and the address was listed as 117 Barrackton, Micheal died in 1900 again the address was cork barracks and he was listed as an army pensioner & Labourer , I have searched for his enlistment records and cant find them hoping someone can help.
Kind regards

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Micheal Hannan Royal artillery Cork Barracks
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 November 20 11:25 GMT (UK) »
His army file is on FindMyPast (free access at the moment): https://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=GBM%2FWO97%2F2973%2F061%2F001&parentid=GBM%2FWO97%2F2973%2F73990

NB it's Michael (the normal spelling) not Micheal.

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kellehers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 November 20 22:45 GMT (UK) »
His army file is on FindMyPast (free access at the moment): https://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=GBM%2FWO97%2F2973%2F061%2F001&parentid=GBM%2FWO97%2F2973%2F73990

NB it's Michael (the normal spelling) not Micheal.

Thank you !! That's him how did you find that ? I'm on find my past and couldnt find that record ?

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 05 November 20 23:41 GMT (UK) »
Thank you !! That's him how did you find that ? I'm on find my past and couldnt find that record ?

It wasn't difficult.I just searched in the "Military, armed forces & conflict" dataset for Michael Hannan with key word "artillery". There were just three hits and only one with a birthdate circa 1855.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk