Author Topic: Frank Treling  (Read 1070 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Frank Treling
« Reply #9 on: Friday 06 November 20 19:19 GMT (UK) »
Julia Ann Catharine Treling - Birth Date 14 Jun 1895 - Birth Place Kleine Baai

Father Hendrikus - Mother Marie Amelia Davis.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline footiestuds

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 November 20 10:51 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for all replies.
I've been able to connect the information given to Frank Treling Canada but unfortunately still not able to connect it/him to Frank Treling England, apart from his address on 1924 Cheshire marriage certificate - 'Maple Land' Bermuda Road Moreton
I'm waiting on TNA for help with this but can I ask for help or a fresh pair of eyes on a Mariners Certificate I've found on FindMyPast
Same Surname
Same DOB
Similar Birthplace
Again I cannot find any records relating to this man apart from the ship number 142758 'War Horus'
Lawton - Blackhall - Sharp - Haddow - Smith - Cunningham - Rowley - Treling

Offline seaweed

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll see you one day in Fiddlers Green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 25 November 20 17:59 GMT (UK) »
Some record of Mark Treling may be contained in the Logbook and Crew Agreement of WAR HORUS. Official number 142758 She only saw service under the Red Duster for a short time. She was built some time in 1918 and was deleted from the British Register some time in 1919.
The Logbook and Crew Agreement, can be obtained at a cost from

https://www.mun.ca/mha/holdings/viewcombinedcrews.php?Official_No=142758

Just ask for the particular pages where an individual's name appears.

https://www.mun.ca/mha/about/orderagreements.php

The information contained within should tell you his last address, next of kin, last ship and may give you some clues as to his relationship (if any) to Frank.

Dim ateb yn well nag ateb anghywir. Nid oes dim yn ddall fel rhai nad ydynt yn dymuno gweld

RIP Roger 10 August 2022

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 25 November 20 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Do you have a photo of Frank that you could compare with the photo of Mark? Do they look the same?

The riots took place at Kinmel Camp Bodelwyddan in March 1919, if you google Kinmel Camp riots you will find quite a lot of information on them.

Offline footiestuds

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 26 November 20 10:32 GMT (UK) »
seaweed
Thank you for replying + info. I've looked at + emailed the link you posted so will see what comes back

Gibel
Thanks for replying. Unfortunately I don't have a photo of Frank to compare - only wish I did!
I read about the riots at Kinmel Park - if the Canadian Frank is our Frank he seemed to go through quite alot!

Offline footiestuds

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 10 February 21 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Seaweed
I got the Logbook + Agreement pages for the War Horus for what I thought was Mark Treling but it appears the crew members name is Frank Treling !?!

There are two voyages + he states 2 addresses, both in Canada
Voyage 1 - 23 April 1919 - 23 May 1919 - Halifax to Southampton
154 Creighton St - address of his wife Eva May + her family
Voyage 2 - 11 July 1919 - 12 Sept 1919 - Southampton to Newport Mon
170 Creighton Street - address of a Jacob Flint

Previous ship in 1917 - M J Smith - the Archivist told me it could possibly be 'Minnie J Smith' or 'Marian J Smith' both out of Lunenberg NS but unfortunately they have no agreements for either ship. He enlisted Feb 1917 so possibly not much there to find
The date on the Mariners Certificate tie in perfectly to the War Horus Logbook so I could possibly assume that Mark Treling + Frank are one + the same.
Many thanks for steering me in this direction + I'm still researching any trace from Newport Mon (presume that is Newport Monmouthshire ?) but unfortunately no luck so far.
Thank you all for all your help
Regards
Deb

Offline seaweed

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll see you one day in Fiddlers Green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 11 February 21 13:50 GMT (UK) »
You wrote
 so I could possibly assume that Mark Treling + Frank are one + the same

I think that is a fair assumption. If you look at his CR10 Card, his Identity Certificate number is 413297
Then look at his entry in your last picture taken from the Crew Agreement the number is 413299 A dodgy transcription ?

Just a small point, MINNIE J SMITH was registered St John Newfoundland in 1917 and MARION J SMITH for the same year, was registered in Bridgetown Barbados.
I have had dealings with Barbados Museum and Historical Society and found them very helpful. However, like you say there would be little contained in the 1917 Crew Agreement even if they have a copy.
Dim ateb yn well nag ateb anghywir. Nid oes dim yn ddall fel rhai nad ydynt yn dymuno gweld

RIP Roger 10 August 2022

Offline footiestuds

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 11 February 21 15:59 GMT (UK) »
I noticed the slight difference in his Certificate number + thought the same, dodgy
I'll look into the Barbados side as it could possibly be how he arrived in Canada - long shot but who knows!
My thoughts are he possibly stayed in Wales, travelled up to Liverpool + re-married 5 years later as he applied for a new CR1 in 1926 - original lost (again dodgy)  I've just got to connect the dots
Thanks again
Regards
Deb

Offline footiestuds

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 14 January 22 17:47 GMT (UK) »
Update on Frank Treling

1921 he is with his brother John Treling + his family in Moreton Cheshire. Both state POB Liverpool Nova Scotia.

I have all other information for both brothers after 1921.

John (George) Treling b Jan 1888 occupation in 1921 seaman Alexandra Towing Company. He is a tugboat mate on his marriage certificate + ships mate on his sons baptism both in 1918. In 1939 he is a Captain at Alexandra Towing Company.
1918 Marriage Cert states his father is John Treling (deceased) - Clerk in HM Customs
Frank Trelings 1924 Marriage Cert states Father John Treling (deceased) - Custom and Excise Officer

I have searched (both sides of the pond) for any mariner related information for John George + have not been able to find anything apart from his witness on his marriage, Joseph Physick, who is on a crew list 1908 for Alexander Towing Company vessel 'Brocklebank'

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards
Deb