Author Topic: Help with Elsie May Page, All Saints West Bromwich  (Read 490 times)

Offline JP22468

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help with Elsie May Page, All Saints West Bromwich
« on: Friday 06 November 20 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello all,

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I know for certain that a relative of mine, Elsie May Page (1919-1936), was buried in All Saints' Church graveyard in 1936 but I cannot locate her grave. The rest of her family are buried in Tipton Cemetery. I have visited the site but there are far more graves there than I expected and have not had enough time to search them all. I'm hoping somebody knows or can point me in the right direction to where she may be buried. I know there is a transcript of all the graves that can be purchased, but as far as I am aware she is the only connection I have so it seems a bit daft to spend money getting 1500 names when I only need 1!

Thank you in advance for your help.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Elsie May Page, All Saints West Bromwich
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 November 20 21:46 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat

You say you know for certain she was buried at All Saints - what documentary proof do you have of that?

Is she perhaps in a public rather than a private grave?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 06 November 20 21:52 GMT (UK) »
She died on 6.6.1936 of Tuberculous Meningitis according to a tree on Ancestry.  As the exact death date is known - the records office may be able to help with her burial details
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline JP22468

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 November 20 21:56 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your reply - I have a copy of her death certificate with the address she was living at, and then Freereg has the following entry with matching name, age and address https://www.freereg.org.uk/search_records/5a34b23df493fd6f7f193927/elsie-may-page-burial-staffordshire-west-bromwich-1936-06-11?locale=en

She may be in a public grave, but I don't know for certain. There is something slightly strange about her burial in that her father and brother who predeceased her (1923 and 1916 respectively) are buried together in Tipton Cemetery along with her mother (who died 1969). I have no idea why she is not with them, and my understanding that some falling out between my great grandfather and his brother (Elsie's father) long ago meant any contact between the two branches has long been lost. The size and condition of the gravesite in Tipton suggests the family had the means to pay for an individual plot so it would seem harsh for her to be the only member without a grave, but I am only speculating there.

Offline JP22468

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 06 November 20 21:57 GMT (UK) »
Sorry for the multiple replies - still getting the hang of this. Do you have the link to that Ancestery tree please? I have tried searching on Ancestry to no avail

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 06 November 20 22:32 GMT (UK) »
No problem

Here’s the link - but you need an Ancestry subscription to view it
www.rootschat.com/links/01q0f

Offline DMP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 06 November 20 23:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi
You could try Sandwell bereavement services
https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/info/200168/burials_and_cremations/1719/contact_bereavement_services
They will tell you where the grave is

Donna
Butler/Willenhall/Smethwick/bromsgrove Briton/oldbury Doughty/Homer/Reynolds/Whitehouse/tipton Greenaway/gornal Phillips/,bala Toon/burton Selwood/tipton/worcester skidmore/hill top Wedgbury/worcester Wheatley/west Bromwich  Wooldridge/oldswinford  Worton/cradley Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk