Author Topic: Diary - Friday, 6 November 2020  (Read 808 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Friday, 6 November 2020
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 07 November 20 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Just briefly popping into say how wonderful that you have connected with new family Carol, but so sorry to hear about your son. I hope for a good outcome for him, and can’t imagine how worried you must all be.

Caroline, yes, dog’s tummy seems fine thank goodness.

Added: I think you deserve a medal for all the work you continue to do to help keep everyone safe.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 07 November 20 15:54 GMT (UK) »
Woke to another beautiful sunny day but so very cold.   Another delivery from Hermes - always the same cheery driver.   Said I'd seen so much of him this year I'd have to add him to my Christmas card list and we had a laugh. 

Doorbell rang around 1.30 and it was my downstairs neighbour - wanted to check I was okay and if I needed anything which is sweet of him.  We see so much of the neighbours in the summer months but when winter closes in everyone hibernates indoors.  Dug out a large bag from the kitchen cupboard to house all the christmas presents I've ordered so know they'll be together in one place when the time comes to wrap them.   A lot of ironing to do and I so hate ironing - manana,  manana!   Would rather wash a load by hand than actually iron it!   Strange, aren't I?

Asda delivery around 1pm - when brought to the door I saw it was all loose in the crates and not in bags as requested.  When I said this to driver he then spotted bags which had been placed underneath the items in the crates!   Another thing for him to report.   I was the second one who'd not had their order placed in bags.  Someone back at Asda not doing their job properly.

Potato skins with cheese/bacon for dinner followed by salted caramel cheesecake.   Watched TV - some old NCIS which I love - and knitting of course.   

Started a new book when I eventually went to bed and had a good nights sleep.

Stay safe everyone.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 07 November 20 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Caroline, hope your friend has agreed to help with the sewing, you've done such a massive amount. Good to hear that your other friend still has her job at the airport, such worrying times for many people.
I used to have a paper shredder but it jammed all the time. I only burn papers about once a year and they take literally two minutes with very little smoke, I wouldn't burn anything for any length of time.

Ruskie, glad the dog is okay after eating the mushroom. I know you get quite a lot of British programmes over there, I wonder if you get Dogs Behaving Very Badly. There are some really naughty dogs! I can't help laughing at some of them, the Dogfather (as he's known) soon has them behaving perfectly, even the few that are quite nasty.

LM, what a thoughtful family you have. Hope you managed to get some sleep eventually.

RTL, hope you get a favourable reply from the council, it must be so hard doing without a cup of tea before you go to work.

Carol, I'm really sorry to hear that P isn't doing so well, I hope he has some improvement soon. So lovely for you not only to have made contact with your husband's cousin but to have become friends too.

MH, lovely for you to see all the wildlife despite the weather.

Annette, I don't think you're strange for hating ironing, I'm not keen either but there again, not keen on doing washing by hand! Hope you got it all done.   
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 07 November 20 18:48 GMT (UK) »
Well some very late Birthday wishes so:-
A very merry un Birthday to you to you .
A very merry un Birthday to you to you!

So sorry to hear your son is having a bad time Carol, and sincere wishes for some improvement.

Busy people , all of you ,I personally hate routine but it can be a good stabiliser at times.

A bit sad and annoyed this evening,TV announcer said Rememberance Sunday was to remember those who died in WW2,well sorry missus ,it was WW1 first then WW2 was added on. ,  And  the salaries they get!

Lovely day today,,so outside ,good tidy up ,especially the lawn , looks decent
now ,lots of chats with passers by..

Sorted out Body Shop order with Flash Harry’s mummy .
Need to transfer money now.Theyare just little presents as I send money mostly.
Got another order in at Tesco’s .
First week of December, things with long dates.
One later this month too.
I tear my name and address off communications ,have an old biscuit tin and every so often have a mini bonfire!
Have a shredder ,but am impatient and jam it up!
Well Donald Trump is to all effects no longer President.
Good he has a Woman of Colour as Vice President ,the analysis of voting
 shows they voted in great numbers for him.
Had a lazy tea, bacon,eggs, mushrooms .
Will have my yoghurt  later.
Weighed myself today 9 stones and 3 ounces.Starkers!
Well another cuppa, bacon makes me thirsty.
No Morse on tonight ,he does look like my OH ,those so blue eyes,white hair
and I notice his small hands ,just  the same.
A good tiredness now.
So early to bed tonight .
Cheerio folks ,keep up the good work and look after yourselves.
Thanks for the news.
Viktoria.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 07 November 20 21:06 GMT (UK) »

Ruskie, glad the dog is okay after eating the mushroom. I know you get quite a lot of British programmes over there, I wonder if you get Dogs Behaving Very Badly. There are some really naughty dogs! I can't help laughing at some of them, the Dogfather (as he's known) soon has them behaving perfectly, even the few that are quite nasty.

Oh yes, I have seen that programme Roobarb.  ;D Dog watches it too and barks at the dogs on TV!  ::) Oh dear, I’m not painting a very good picture of her ... she is lovely, but a bit of a weirdo and a bit nervous at times. I recently saw a repeat of the one with the two naughty labradors and my daughter was offended when I sent her a message to turn it on quickly to get some tips

Oops sorry for my comment about NCIS Annette (as you say you like it).  :-[ It is the SVU one that I half watch on occasion.

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 07 November 20 22:45 GMT (UK) »
 ;D ;D  She sounds great Ruskie, they all have there little foibles  :)  I can just imagine your daughter's face!  ;D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 08 November 20 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol,

I am sorry to read that your son is going through a tough time just now.  I do hope things improve for him very soon.  I really feel for you having to cope with all of this and I hope you will keep strong and safe.  That is good that you have these good supportive friends from your club. 
What a wonderful story about the DNA connection you have been able to make on your late husband's side.   :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner