Author Topic: Job (+ Felix) Westwood  (Read 1558 times)

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: JOB (+ FELIX) WESTWOOD
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 November 20 01:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi lisalisa.  Just trying to get Job Westwood straightened out.  LOL  from this link:-

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NJBL-HM6

Job's parents are listed as JOHN and JANE but you have found a Job baptised/born with a different mum.

The below is from you (thanks!) Can you send me the link possibly OR is Sarah a typo!   

the fhs has this transcription

Bap 1808 Feb 7 Job Westwood to John and Sarah.  Thanks for your time.  Kind regards Dianna

Offline lisalisa

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 November 20 09:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dianna,

the baptism I quoted is from this site https://fhs-online.co.uk/  which is a subscription site, so I can't post a link to the result only the site itself.

It's a transcription, so if there's a 'typo' (or transcription error), it's not mine. ;D

If you are a member of the Malvern family history society, then you can access the Worcs records for free on fhs.

Those records might also be on the genealogist site, not sure, I know they have some Worcs parish records.

hth

Offline lisalisa

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 24 November 20 09:27 GMT (UK) »
this is the info that comes up, there's nothing extra when the link is clicked

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 24 November 20 18:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi L thanks very much for that.  I just wanted to double check as I don't want the incorrect person on my tree.  LOL  I will try and contact this Malvern family history, if not I can put a message on the Midlands facebook page.  Thanks so much for your time and I'll try and get to the bottom of the conflicting evidence.  Many thanks Dianna

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Job (+ Felix) Westwood
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 16 December 20 03:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi I think I have sorted this WESTWOOD saga out!!  There is a JOHN Westwood 1784-1838 GW41-TMC married to the Zipporah WEBB!  This John apparently died in 1838 Dudley Staffordshire!

Then there is JOHN Westwood 1790-1836 LDSQ-3V4.  This is possibly the one married to Jane (no marriage found) and they have the son JOB baptised 7 Feb 1808 in Old Swinford!

Without the benefit of the 1841 Census can't be 100% sure though.

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/pedigree/landscape/LDSQ-3VN.  Many thanks Dianna

Offline AdamsHodgetts

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 28 December 20 10:30 GMT (UK) »
I have Zipporah Aston (baptised: 24 Aug 1775 at Old Swinford), daughter of Cornelius Aston/Asson and Mary Insall, married Joseph Webb on 26 Dec 1792 at Saint Thomas, Dudley but she died May 1804 at Amblecote Bank and was buried on 03 Jun 1804 at Old Swinford.

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 28 December 20 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Adam thanks for your reply and information.  I guess I will just have to leave a question mark next to Job's mum.  May never be able to find the answer!  Like most of us we have these unanswered questions!  Would love to know for sure who Job's mum is, looks likely to be a "JANE" ?? but with no marriage of a JOHN WESTWOOD and ? JANE ? someone! 

Also found that Job WESTWOOD possibly had a brother Francis!  These two boy's both have the father JOHN and they married sisters Jane BURLEY and Caroline BURLEY.  So I hunted for Francis WESTWOOD'S birth/baptism and came up with nothing. 

Caroline BURLEY married Francis WESTWOOD Dudley, St. Thomas 02 June 1844, John Westwood father of Francis occupation Nailer.  Jane Westwood was a witness.

Job Westwood married Jane Burley27 June 1829 in Halesowen. 

Francis died and Jane died so Caroline and Job were free to marry in 1850!   What a twisted tale.  Thanks for you input.  Kind regards Dianna