Author Topic: obit lookup 2017  (Read 457 times)

Offline Nikkei

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
obit lookup 2017
« on: Saturday 07 November 20 18:05 GMT (UK) »
I have a probate issued in Cardiff, Glamorganshire regarding the death of a Madeline Mary Anita ROBERTS who died, according to the probate, on 16 January 2017. I am trying to find an obituary for her in order to determine if she is the person I am looking for. "My" person of interest lived in Somerset up to around 2014, but she was born in Wales and did have a family member who lived in Cardiff; therefore it is possible she did not die in Wales (and it may not even be the right person). . I thought if I found the obit of this Madeline it would help me greatly.  Thank you, Nikkei
NOSWORTHY, HORSWILL, YELLAND, CROCKER, POPE in Devon; NESWORTHY in Durham & Northumberland; FARLEY in Sussex; RICKARD in Cornwall.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
Re: obit lookup 2017
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 November 20 18:11 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried Googling? Papers that recent usually have obits online, or funeral homes put them on if the family agree.
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 November 20 18:19 GMT (UK) »
Was your Madeline living at Bruton
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Nikkei

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 November 20 18:24 GMT (UK) »
I have tried googling but not luck. Roberts is a pretty common name I'm afraid. She lived all her life in Taunton, Somerset but was born in Wales ... I would be surprised if this is the same person, but we have not been in touch for quite a few years and she did have a family member living in Cardiff. "My" person would have been around 79 yrs of age if she died in 2017.
NOSWORTHY, HORSWILL, YELLAND, CROCKER, POPE in Devon; NESWORTHY in Durham & Northumberland; FARLEY in Sussex; RICKARD in Cornwall.

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 07 November 20 18:48 GMT (UK) »
ROBERTS, MADELINE  MARY A    1938 
GRO Reference:  DOR  Q1/2017 in Somerset  (722-1G)  Entry Number 514988598

Offline Nikkei

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 07 November 20 19:00 GMT (UK) »
That certainly sounds as if this is the Madeline I am looking for :( Madeline Mary Anita was her name, and the year of birth is correct. I will ask someone on the Somerset forum to see if they can find an obit. Many thanks. Nikkei