Author Topic: Anyone discovered illegitimacies after doing Ancestry DNA? How do you figure it  (Read 3777 times)

Offline GingerVicky

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone discovered illegitimacies after doing Ancestry DNA? How do you figure it
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 16 December 20 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Is so annoying. I've even tried trying to trace their family tree using their name myself but when you've got 4 or 5 possible people it's time consuming.

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone discovered illegitimacies after doing Ancestry DNA? How do you figure it
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 16 December 20 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Accidentally double posted sorry
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline Petros

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 17 December 20 08:05 GMT (UK) »
the closer the match the fewer the possibilities that arise.

I have a 339 cM match and his niece a 167 cM match, with a maternal 2C1R a 145 cM shared match to both.
Although the unknown match has a scant tree from the two names I have been able to ascertain who his father was. This individual had his birth registered twice, initially 2 years late with his mother's surname then much later with his mother's husband's name.

Given the respective ages of the individuals, allied to the fact that both my grandfather's brothers had emigrated to Canada the only solution that fits the known facts is that the unknown is my half 1C, having been fathered by my grandfather shortly after his second daughter was born.