Author Topic: Davidson - Bulwark Old Deer  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Tink22

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Davidson - Bulwark Old Deer
« Reply #9 on: Monday 09 November 20 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Good luck!
I note that in 1901 Isabella was still living in Bulwark & was a pauper. It would be a good idea to try & find out if she was in receipt of poor relief. Have you found her in the 1911 census? What does her death certificate say? If she was poor then there may not be a headstone but no harm in looking :)
flst

Hi no sign of her in the churchyard, quite a few headstones unreadable though, nothing of note on her death certificate, domestic servant ( retired) husbands first name listed as William it was James, likely error on her grandsons part as he was witness on certificate

Not looked at census yet, will do so

Where do I look to see if she got poor relief?
Researching

Stott, Reid, Horne, Willox, Sangster, Davidson, Gibb, Adie, Ogg, Smith, Campbell, Murison, Kelman, Duguid, Merchant, Livingston, Burnett, Paton, Mcneill

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Tink22

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 10 November 20 09:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi just checked 1911 census, she was living with her son in law and his family in Strichen

Have contacted Aberdeenshire council to see if they have any records on her or her husband, nothing coming up on deseasedonline

Researching

Stott, Reid, Horne, Willox, Sangster, Davidson, Gibb, Adie, Ogg, Smith, Campbell, Murison, Kelman, Duguid, Merchant, Livingston, Burnett, Paton, Mcneill

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 10 November 20 11:05 GMT (UK) »
In the 1911 census does it state whether she's still a pauper? As she's living with family then the relief may have ceased. The poor relief records are held in Dunbar House, Old Aberdeen. I think the archives are closed to the public during this pandemic. They did do look ups before, so here's hoping they can assist. :)
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Tink22

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 10 November 20 11:11 GMT (UK) »
No mention of being a pauper on census, not having much luck with records

Council say they don't hold records for the churchyard, we phoned the minister of the church yesterday and said  they dont hold records, the council did

Any ideas if any records and who would have them?

Thanks
Researching

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 10 November 20 11:19 GMT (UK) »
The Fraserburgh Registrary office used to have the lair records but I don't think they are available at the moment due to covid.   
flst   
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Tink22

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 10 November 20 11:53 GMT (UK) »
The Fraserburgh Registrary office used to have the lair records but I don't think they are available at the moment due to covid.   
flst

Just contacted them by email and they have forwarded it on to the council lol

Going round in circles, dont think much more I can do with this
Researching

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 10 November 20 13:07 GMT (UK) »
I have many ancestors with no known graves.  At least there's still a chance you'll uncover the poor relief application form for Isabella.  It will contain loads of information. You'll just have to be patient but don't give up hope.I was able to find my gt.gt. grandmother from the information on her illegitimate son's application form. I had been unable to find her for many years. I already knew her maiden name from my gt.grandad's marriage certificate but never found her on the censuses. She had married & I found out her married name & also address! She is buried in Old Deer cemetery & has a headstone.
flst

Offline Alcluith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 10 March 21 08:19 GMT (UK) »
Good luck!
I note that in 1901 Isabella was still living in Bulwark & was a pauper. It would be a good idea to try & find out if she was in receipt of poor relief. Have you found her in the 1911 census? What does her death certificate say? If she was poor then there may not be a headstone but no harm in looking :)
flst

Hi no sign of her in the churchyard, quite a few headstones unreadable though, nothing of note on her death certificate, domestic servant ( retired) husbands first name listed as William it was James, likely error on her grandsons part as he was witness on certificate

Not looked at census yet, will do so

Where do I look to see if she got poor relief?

I am James and Isabella's  great great grandson and have a lot of information about the family. Have sent you a PM
Alcluith
Davidson; Jolly; McLeod; McNeil; Wishart; James; Sinclair             - Scotland
Usher; James; Wood; Quin; Mullen       -  England
Mullen; Burns; Roe; Quin; May; Moore  -  Ireland