Author Topic: Amy Lewis  (Read 452 times)

Offline noseyoap

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Amy Lewis
« on: Sunday 08 November 20 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am trying to find the death of Amy Lewis, she was born Amy Sant in 1800 in Ystradowen and married David Lewis at Holy Cross Cowbridge in 1826. The family lived in Llanblethian and she was still living there on the 1881 census listed as a pauper. I can find no trace of her death.I was helped to find the death of her husband David Lewis and I am hoping that you can now help me find Amys death
Thanks
Chapman - Antrim/Liverpool
Harde - Swansea
Lewis - Glamorgan
Eley - Lincolnshire
Guntrip - Acton

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Amy Lewis
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 November 20 18:53 GMT (UK) »
There's this one - although a bit tenuous age-wise it's the only one I can see in Glamorganshire anywhere near the right age and time. At the time of this death Llantrisant parish was in the Pontypridd registration district, stretching well south of Pontyclun and Brynsadler, so not that far from Cowbridge and Llanblethian

Did any of her family move that way?

Amy Lewis
Age at Death:    85
Estimated Birth Year:    abt 1804
Q3 1889
Pontypridd  Vol 11a p213

Offline noseyoap

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 November 20 07:41 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that suggestion will check it out. I am really struggling with the Lewis family and not being from Wales I don’t know what district these towns/villages come under.
Harde - Swansea
Lewis - Glamorgan
Eley - Lincolnshire
Guntrip - Acton

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 November 20 08:34 GMT (UK) »
There’s one in Bridgend, March quarter 1890. Right area but aged 77 so way out, but info can only be as good as the person reporting the death. Can’t see an 81 year old (as 1881 census) moving. 11a, 514.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline noseyoap

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 09 November 20 10:24 GMT (UK) »
Agree that I cannot see her moving unless it is into a workhouse or hospital but her death would be registered. It seems strange though that she had family but was living as a pauper on her own.
Harde - Swansea
Lewis - Glamorgan
Eley - Lincolnshire
Guntrip - Acton

Offline noseyoap

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 24 November 20 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Mabel Bagshawe - just to say thank you it was the correct death I have just received a copy. It seemed her daughter moved to Llantrisant so it seems she did move to her
Thanks again
Pat
Harde - Swansea
Lewis - Glamorgan
Eley - Lincolnshire
Guntrip - Acton