Author Topic: Marriage Record Details  (Read 2094 times)

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Record Details
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 08 November 20 21:02 GMT (UK) »

Dorothea + Evelyn + 2 sisters + Parents all together on 1911.

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 08 November 20 21:09 GMT (UK) »

Son born 1918? Why not order the birth certificate?

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 08 November 20 21:18 GMT (UK) »
I can't understand what more proof you need?

Philip's birthdate on 1939 register is what you already knew

Dorothea married as Farrell but son's 1918 birth shows mmn Everitt

1915 marriage of Farrell & Everitt

That was during WW1 so was her husband killed?

If you still have any unanswered questions you would have to buy the 1918 marriage cert
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 08 November 20 21:36 GMT (UK) »

Dorothea Gladys had a possible daughter 1916?

RegardsRay

Offline noland01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 08 November 20 21:51 GMT (UK) »
Perhaps its me being cautious but wanted to make sure the Philip Brennan marrying in Essex in 1918 to Dorothea Everitt is the same person as "my"Philip Brennan born 08 08 1895 in Dublin .
Yes I know the birth dates are the same but perhaps that may be coincidence.

What I know for certain about him is date of birth (8th August 1895 in Dublin to James Brennan RIC policeman and Kate Donovan),residence at death (  128 Woolstone Road Forest Hill London S E 23) date of death (2nd December 1963) and burial place (Hither Green Cemetery).

The point of my post was if I could find his marriage cert details online which would confirm (fathers name/occupation) that they were one and the same person.

Maybe am too used to Irish civil records which are searchable online for free.

Thanks.
McDonnell McDonald Gorman Cronley Colman Deegan Dunne Maher Dempsey Conlon Griffin Bergin Lalor Keys Bonham Brennan Hart(Laois) Nolan Byrne O Byrne Brady Mullen Hanaway Brennan Keeffe Reddy (Carlow)
O'Neill Doyle Donnelly Devlin  (Tyrone) Connor, Burbidge,McNally (Dublin)Hannon McCarthy (Tipperary)Healy Miley Treacy (Wicklow)Kelly (Kildare)

Offline noland01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 08 November 20 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Perhaps its me being cautious but wanted to make sure the Philip Brennan marrying in Essex in 1918 to Dorothea Everitt is the same person as "my"Philip Brennan born 08 08 1895 in Dublin .
Yes I know the birth dates are the same but perhaps that may be coincidence.

All I have to go on that my Philip Brennan married the above named lady is an online tree which the person who compiled it said she just took the details from a hint on Ancestry.She was unsure as to the whether we had the same person as her interest was in the bride ie Dorothea Everitt.

What I know for certain about him is date of birth (8th August 1895 in Dublin to James Brennan RIC policeman and Kate Donovan),residence at death (  128 Woolstone Road Forest Hill London S E 23) date of death (2nd December 1963) and burial place (Hither Green Cemetery).

The point of my post was if I could find his marriage cert details online which would confirm (fathers name/occupation) that they were one and the same person.

Maybe am too used to Irish civil records which are searchable online for free.

Thanks.
McDonnell McDonald Gorman Cronley Colman Deegan Dunne Maher Dempsey Conlon Griffin Bergin Lalor Keys Bonham Brennan Hart(Laois) Nolan Byrne O Byrne Brady Mullen Hanaway Brennan Keeffe Reddy (Carlow)
O'Neill Doyle Donnelly Devlin  (Tyrone) Connor, Burbidge,McNally (Dublin)Hannon McCarthy (Tipperary)Healy Miley Treacy (Wicklow)Kelly (Kildare)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 08 November 20 22:16 GMT (UK) »
English marriages are searchable online via freebmd but online access to the actual marriage certs varies greatly from county to county.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline noland01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 08 November 20 22:19 GMT (UK) »
English marriages are searchable online via freebmd but online access to the actual marriage certs varies greatly from county to county.

Thanks for that.Really would need to order and pay for cert so.
Don't think I need confirmation enough to go that far as its a family line that's mostly finished.

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 08 November 20 22:22 GMT (UK) »

I have used FREEBMD to search ( it is free to search ) except to use 1939 to attempt to verify.

Use the marriage / death registration details to order marriage certificate and pay relevant cost..

Ray

for info :-
Dorothea Gladys BRENNAN death reg is  1974 Jun CROYDON 11 1812 [ birth 7 April 1896 ]     
Dorothea Gladys EVERITT    birth  reg is  1896 Jun BILLERICAY 4a 507