Author Topic: Joseph Biffin  (Read 226 times)

Offline diseymary

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Joseph Biffin
« on: Wednesday 11 November 20 07:43 GMT (UK) »
I have a man called Joseph Biffin who appears in the Wills of 8 people, my primary family has the surname Warren, swirling around the Warrens are Biffins, Brices, Bagnalls and Bothells. but I cannot find a baptism or marriage for this man. I have estimated he is born 1720-1730, Joseph is a Wine Merchant in Leadenhall from 1755-1789, his Will was proved 1790. He is rather a character when you read the Codicils in his Will, extra children from different women.
- He is the cousin of John Warren, plumber of St. Katherine Cree
- I believe Joseph's sister is Mary Biffin who marries Thomas Brice.
- There is a large cohort of Biffins in Wiltshire, not convinced they are the right family, but hardly any in London. I recently found the 1735 Will of Thomas Biffin, an Innkeeper of Basingstoke, who has a son John born 1678. John is apprenticed to Thomas Collins in London in 1692, Vintners Company.
- I believe John is the father of Joseph and Mary, but can't find any more proof, I can't find a baptism for Joseph or Mary, I have searched all the genealogy websites. There is a marriage of a John Biffin and Mary Snellgrove in 1720, but to tie the Biffins into the Warren family I think John should have married Mary Warren born 1694 in Bushey, Hertfordshire.
- Any suggestions on how I link this man would be most appreciated.