Author Topic: Lt Co John Dryden Mather / Denis Ainslie Mather / Patricia Mather (1920's 30's)  (Read 183 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lt Co John Dryden Mather / Denis Ainslie Mather / Patricia Mather (1920's 30's)
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 November 20 12:58 GMT (UK) »
Patricia had some courage didn't she?, was interesting to read and must admit I laughed

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Lethbridge Paddington Slough
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes

Offline thelarch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lt Co John Dryden Mather / Denis Ainslie Mather / Patricia Mather (1920's 30's)
« Reply #10 on: Monday 16 November 20 13:12 GMT (UK) »
Patricia had some courage didn't she?, was interesting to read and must admit I laughed

LM

It actually made the 'tabloid' press worldwide. Patricia was reportedly 5'4" and managed to break a bone in his throat!
Denis, reportedly, had urged the salesman to 'run for his life' as Partricia swung into action!

To top matters off, she was serverely reprimanded by the judge and threatened with contempt of court at the subesequent trial for giggling during proceedings with her female friend.

I like the sound of these Mathers (though obvously feel some sympathy for the poor traumatised - and injured- vacuum cleaner salesman)!

This family are inextricably involved in my mother's adoption and I'd love to find out more.

It means trying to contact descendants...IF there are any!

Thanks for taking an interest.