Author Topic: Death of Isabella George, wife of Thomas George, after 1810  (Read 230 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Death of Isabella George, wife of Thomas George, after 1810
« on: Monday 16 November 20 20:06 GMT (UK) »
Isabella George nee Carson married Thomas George in 1770 in Killead Presbytary Church as per a descendant of this family. Thomas George died Jan 8, 1812 in Ballyhill, Parish of Killead. I know that Isabella was still  alive in 1810 as that is when her brother Samuel Carson died in Oxford, England and he mentions Isabella in his will along with another sister Jenny who is a mother to my ancestor Samuel Carson Boyd.
Isabella lived at the Steps Farm in Ballyhill. Looking for Isabella's death and/or information about the The Steps Farm.
Also looking for info on Jenny Boyd nee Carson who was a widow in 1810 and lived in the Parish of Rashee, near Ballyclare in 1810. I think she is Widow Boyd on the 1813 records living in Rashee, Ballyeaston. Jenny's husband was probably either John or Robert, thinking Robert, as per naming pattern as  Jenny's son Samuel Carson Boyd named his first two sons Robert and John as per the 1810 will of her brother. I don't know which son was firstborn. If Jenny is  Widow Boyd, then her death is after 1813.
Thanks for any help
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death of Isabella George, wife of Thomas George, after 1810
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 November 20 21:06 GMT (UK) »

Isabella lived at the Steps Farm in Ballyhill. Looking for Isabella's death and/or information about the The Steps Farm.

The tithe applotment records list 2 George farms in Ballyhill Lower in 1827 (James & William). By 1862 there’s just one, occupied by James George. He had plot 1 which today is on the Long Rig Rd.  That’s possibly the farm, you are looking for. Here’s that family in the 1851 census:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1851/Antrim/Lower_Massereene/Killead/Ballyhill_Lower/30/
Elwyn

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death of Isabella George, wife of Thomas George, after 1810
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 November 20 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Thomas and Isabella did have sons James and William who were still alive in 1827. James was still alive in 1851 and his place of death in 1854 was Ballyhill. James married secondly Sarah Harper and they did have a son James in 1826 which corresponds to the 1851 census. You must be right about the farm on Long Rig Rd.
Thank you very much.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland