Author Topic: Diary - Monday 16th November  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Monday 16th November
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 18 November 20 10:52 GMT (UK) »
Such a historic focal point for the village.... let's hope OH and his colleagues can achieve a good outcome.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 18 November 20 14:23 GMT (UK) »
I hope there is a good outcome, for the whole village, regarding the future of the pub.Just think the faggot oven, I can smell artisan bread baking, what an opportunity.!

Went for my blood tests this morning, appointment 10-5O.
Receptionist said Nurse was running at least 30 minutes late.
So I left and went to Pharmacy for an item, it is just across the way from the surgery .
Son had driven me there so we went to  supermarket  where a there is post box ,for daughter’s card .
Back to surgery ,a long wait and then I was called,soundly admonished for being late!!!!!!
I explained the receptionist had said Nurse was running at least 30minutes late ,I was advised to do  my shopping  and return in 30 mins.
I had arrived at the new time and #yet still had to wait ,so how was I the one who was late, ?
Oooh I was annoyed, she was so curt and would not budge !
Then I thought she was wearing a mask all day ,had worked at the surgery but retired and had come out of retirement to help ,so I said no more and thanked her .
I was surprised that there was no sanitising of chairs etc in the waiting room.
Nurse did not wear gloves , I felt it was a bit lax really .
The dark weather and staying in us obviously going to have a deleterious effect on health, well done Scotland with Vitamin D.
My daughter’s card was Minnie Mouse, she won a Fancy Dress competition in Belgium ,dressed as Minnie, costumes had to be simple and no great sums of money spent .
She already had a little dress white top, red and white polka dot skirt.
Black tights ( mine rolled up ( a lot!), black shoes of mine with tissue paper bows, a black tie with bow tucked in the tights for a tail,headband with black card ears,a black nose and eyebrow pencil eyelashes.
It was only 47 years ago too!.I thought she would laugh when she remembered .
She loved my high heels.Clip clopping in them.

Sent grand daughter - at her request ,my Christmas cake/ celebration cakes,Birthday cake ,Anniversary cake recipe.
I have used it since 1956.
Nice it will be carried on.
Traditions.

Congratulations on all the work you are all getting through , you amaze me.
Your NN seems to have been away quite a while Roobarb.

Good news about  the  Pfizer vaccine, better even than at first thought.

Such a dark day, almost like twilight.
Strange to see the town so quiet .
The dark weather and staying in will certainly not be good for us .

Well folks , things  to do but sadly no places to go!
Cheerio .Viktoria.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 18 November 20 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Well done Viktoria. Your Minnie fancy dress sounds just like the things my mother used to concoct back in the 50's.
"Make do and mend" spirit was the mother of invention of course.
Nice to look back on though, I do, so I'm not surprised your daughter does too.  :D

p.s. Surgery staff are notorious. Nice of you to be magnanimous.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 18 November 20 16:52 GMT (UK) »
I too admire your ability to say nothing Viktoria.  :)

My NN was away for a fortnight, I thought at one point she'd gone again but I saw her banging the bins about alongside the back fence this morning. So no such luck  :(
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales