Author Topic: Martin/Bell families from Bo'ness RICHARD BELL MARTIN  (Read 2139 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Martin/Bell families from Bo'ness RICHARD BELL MARTIN
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 19 November 20 21:35 GMT (UK) »
This must the one of the wrong birth certs you ordered (the most obvious right one given the location):

James MARTIN
1926 (7 January?)
663/1 9
Bo'Ness

He actually looks to have  married in Glasgow in 1951 to an Eileen Dermody or Brawley. After the marriage the couple headed off to the US. He was an engineer by trade. There is a petition for naturalization for him in Vermont a few years later.

Monica

Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline misses123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 19 November 20 22:03 GMT (UK) »
This must the one of the wrong birth certs you ordered (the most obvious right one given the location):

James MARTIN
1926 (7 January?)
663/1 9
Bo'Ness

He actually looks to have  married in Glasgow in 1951 to an Eileen Dermody or Brawley. After the marriage the couple headed off to the US. He was an engineer by trade. There is a petition for naturalization for him in Vermont a few years later.

Monica

That will be one of the wrong ones. I’m going to order the certificate for James Bell Martin and keep my fingers crossed I get a lead from that.
He was married to my grandmother had 2 sons and  relocated-the family to Africa for a number of years and died when his oldest son was around 12/13.
I came across a newspaper article online a while back announcing the oldest son’s birth in 1952 and the family appeared to be living with James parents in their family home.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 19 November 20 22:17 GMT (UK) »
Let's see what comes back from the new birth cert. Fingers crossed  ;)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk