Author Topic: EWING / BARRY /AGAR  (Read 471 times)

Offline PeterG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
EWING / BARRY /AGAR
« on: Friday 20 November 20 17:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi'
I'm trying to assist a friend with an apparently unsolvable puzzle and having had folk on roots chat solve a problem previously I I live in hopes that some helpful person might be able to assist us this time.  CHRISTINE RACHEL BARRY born 1903 ,Devon, married Frank AGAR  in 1937 and had a boy in 1938. In 1939 register we find her reverting to maiden name Barry, as a cook at Woodhall, London Road, Windlesham, In 1942 Christine has a baby girl, my friend, who is put up for adoption . In 1976 James Weir EWING, 62, Galsworthy road Chertsey dies and the informant is Christine Rachel Ewing, Widow ? of deceased. We are fairly certain that Christine Barry/Agar, Ewing is the same person but have been unable to find a marriage certificate or any information which connects christine or James together. We have death certificate for Christine rachel Ewing 1994 in Walton' So, I live in hopes that some budding genealogist among you can think out of the box and come up with some answers.
Thank you for your time in reading this plea
Peterg

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: EWING / BARRY /AGAR
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 November 20 18:40 GMT (UK) »
She was registered as Christina Rachel Barry

Who reported her death?  She was 34 when she married Agar & he was Frank B so could be Frank Buxton Agar b 1909 Easthampstead

She married as Christine Barry - not Christina Rachel

A tree on Ancestry shows Frank Buxton Agar marrying in 1945 to Fanny Elizabeth Staples nee Plant so if he is the correct Frank B Agar presumably there was a divorce.  Frank died 2003
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)